·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which TC do you guys like most?
1.PI
2.MidWest
3.Sp
4.PHR

Also Im debating on stall speed as well. EIther the 3200 or 3600.
My setup is just below.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isnt that a bit extreme for bpu level(well bpu+ after dec.9 dyno tune of the s-afc2). With the 4k are you getting traction? I would think you would be spinning a bit.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It depends on what tires you go with.
Alot of people use BFG Drag Radials, Nitto 555 or MT's
You might just have to heat them up properly, before unleashing your beast.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
get the fast one or you will be slow :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
im' a PI & MW Distributor...... PI are good at BPU Levels, which I use to run on my stock twins, but once I went single turbo... the PI Failed, and I had it rebuilt by midwest and raised the Stall Speed from 3600 to 3600, let me tell you....MW Did a Killer Job.

if your interested......pm me for pricing....
brianb will tell you, I sold him his PI and many others.

vnt ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
hi vntperformance,i am using a level ten tc,couple days ago it have a rattle sound coming up and seems getting worst,is this repairable?any wedsite for tc you sale?

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
M1ng said:
hi vntperformance,i am using a level ten tc,couple days ago it have a rattle sound coming up and seems getting worst,is this repairable?any wedsite for tc you sale?
you've got pm.
vnt ;)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
vntperformance said:
im' a PI & MW Distributor...... PI are good at BPU Levels, which I use to run on my stock twins, but once I went single turbo... the PI Failed, and I had it rebuilt by midwest and raised the Stall Speed from 3600 to 3600, let me tell you....MW Did a Killer Job.

if your interested......pm me for pricing....
brianb will tell you, I sold him his PI and many others.

vnt ;)
Show me some proof that the MW Supra converters are better. So a couple guys have switched from PI to MW very recently and with limited or NO track testing time. I don't see how you can surmise from this that MW converters are better than PI. The only other Supra guy I know running one is Kean, but by reading his T71 thread, I didn't hear anything positive about the MW converter. 3600 to 3600 is a huge jump. ;) Any comments from someone not selling a converter? Not saying you could have a bias. :rolleyes: And no I don't like Jack.

John H

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
i'm just talking from personal experience, I like mines. No Need to Flame Me. Hell if you don't wanna buy from me, you don't have to.... My PI Failed, so I switched, actually it failed as soon as I turned up the boost to 30lbs, the MW has seen way more passes in Single Trim then the PI and it's working flawlessly. BTW I wasn't implying anything from saying that i raised the stall speed from 36-38...so find another excuse to start an argument.

excuse me for sharing my experience......gheeze!
vnt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
312 Posts
i'd go with MidWest tc-prolly 3800-4000(if you want to go single :)), MW was recommended to me by Kean when i was buying my built tranny from him, waited 2 weeks for tc from MW but Kean said it'd be worth waiting, it was PI unit rebuilt by MW,
3800 feels awesome on BoostLogic tranny and i'd prolly feel no difference if i went 4000, (i got RPS T64BB kit), Rob NJ.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
It seems that a few people recently have been having problems with their PI converters, but I and several others have not. PI converters have been the standard for high HP supras for a few years now, and only recently have some begun having problems with them. Hopefully PI will clear up their most recent batches and the problems will be solved. Im sure that either PI or MW would supply you with a decent converter. Good luck!

Andrew

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Get a 4000 if you plan on ever going single. Although it is a little loose for a BPU car, it will still perform well and be perfect for a future single upgrade. Also, traction on street tires will be pretty bad no matter what converter you go with.

As for PI, they seem to have been having lots of problems. First it was the 3 disk fiasco and now all these failures. I would be a bit nervous buying from them.

Also, M1ng, check to make sure that the rattling isn't just loose TC bolts. A couple people have had that problem recently and its really easy to fix. But you do have a L10 so theres probably something wrong with it... :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I haven't heard anything about the 5 disk but there is a guy on here who claims that a 3 disk, capable of safe, WOT lock-up will be released shortly. He also claims that it is being tested right now on a couple MKIVs and everything seems to be working properly. I would see what happens with that before looking into the PI 5 disk. I think PI has shown us that all their extra disks do is make an annoying chattering noise. :D

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
I hope that isn't the case as I have a PI 5-disc on my car now.....I just haven't had a chance to test it out yet as my car has been down for the installation of a number of new gadets. Guess I will have to wait and see.....

Brad

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,014 Posts
If the car is a daily driver, and will rarely see track or "from a dig" street racing then 3600 is perfect at BPU (and TTC).

However, if you drive your car less than 8k miles a year, and you want better off the line performance then get the 4000 stall. This will be at the expense of a little more noise, and a little less MPG, but it is definitely streetable.

I drove my car 20k miles last year, so I went a little lower with my stall.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The car is my daily driver and I think Im going to stay bpu+ and more + soon to come for awhile(a year or so). I want it for street raceing and from light to light races as well so Im thinking of going with the 3600. If I can get more out of my car at my level then I would even consider a 3200. As for the track racing I might go like once or twice a month for fun just to see what I am putting down. Also what else do I need? 2 tranny cooler and thats it right?

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,014 Posts
An inexpensive tranny oil temp gauge would be a good addition as well. Try to keep the temps in the 130-170F range.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts