Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which transmission is better in stock form to handle about 400-425rwhp? a 6 speed or an auto? because i dont feel like investing another few grand into a tranny after i get the car, sorry for all these questions but i rather find all this out now b4 i got the car then after i buy it:)

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
With 400-425 either transmission will be fine for a long time...if you want to get really good 60' times though with slicks or drag radials you will have to modify the auto tranny with a stall.
My clutch in my car was fine through BPU mods and even after 75 shot of nitrous...but after the 100 shot of nitrous for a couple weeks the clutch finally started slipping but still did 11.1 at the track...right after that though it got really bad. I since put a RPS stage 3 clutch in about 10 months ago and have not had a single problem with it. I do 1.6x 60' times all day long and have no problems...but I don't hot lap the car either.

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much would like a better clutch cost? i saw some on ebay for like 200 bucks but i dunno if they were any good...and thanks a lot im getting so much help from all of yall

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts