Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to get a NA because of the insurance and i want to put a tubo on it,i just want to have around 385-485hp maybe a little more.which turbo could get me there,if there is a thread about this already please give me a link.it will be 93-98,thanks:)

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Is insurance that much higher for a twin turbo then that of a Non turbo? I was quoted only 50 dollars more for 6 months for a turbo then a non turbo, and Im 23.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 16,The Supra will not be my first car,if that makes a difference

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I sound like an dumbass I'm sorry I don't know much about Supras

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would it be easier to ask what will it take to be in the 12s or 11s

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Converting a non-turbo supra to a Turbo supra is about $10,000 its way cheaper to buy a Twin Turbo... and with a Twin turbo you will run 12s with just a downpipe, exhauts, and intake.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Q80 said:
get the T66-T78
How much are those?
is there a website?
my car will be a daily driver if that makes a difference

thanks

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
:rolleyes: Buy a turbo, turning an NA into a turbo car is $10-15,000+ and would be senceless to do it with a really small turbo. You can also swap the TT motor but there are other differences btwn the two besides motor. You will also be defrauding the insurance company when you wreck the car and they see the engine in there.

Try this link... http://www.supraforums.com/search.php?s=

Adrock

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finding a TT where i live is almost impossible,the last time i seen a supra was about a year ago,i've only seen 1 for sale in the paper about 7-8 months ago,the nearest place that has them for sale is 300 miles away and they're NA:(

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Here's a link...

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
Ya def. get a turbo that switch from n/a to small turbo is gonna kill your cash. you can get 94's TT with under 80k miles for like 22-25k I've seen it and about in your area if you really wanted one you could have it shipped

the figure of shipping from CA to NC is 1 grand..... but its well worth it and its a must if you really want a supra they are hard to come by locally.

Hope this helps. :cool:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Titanium said:
Ya def. get a turbo that switch from n/a to small turbo is gonna kill your cash. you can get 94's TT with under 80k miles for like 22-25k I've seen it and about in your area if you really wanted one you could have it shipped

the figure of shipping from CA to NC is 1 grand..... but its well worth it and its a must if you really want a supra they are hard to come by locally.

Hope this helps. :cool:
aright thanks,i might look into getting one shipped

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
Dark Reign[/I}
How much are those?
is there a website?
my car will be a daily driver if that makes a difference

Cheap, not much.
Nope, no website; doesn't exist.
Nope, no difference, people convert NA's to singles everyday for about 2 grand and drive them 500 miles a week on ET streets (btw, those are tires).

Personally, i think you wil be stretching your knowledgeable limits with just an NA, but i guess opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:bthumb: Get a VR4 or RT/TT :bthumb: , TRUE it will cost more to get to BPU Supra territory BUT that's 'cause Supras come stock w/ 550 injectors, hi-flow fuel pump, and higher cfm turbos(i think around 400 each, equivalent to 15g Mitsu turbos), BUT also the money that you'll save by getting a VR4 will cover those mods and some repairs as well(94's are around $13-17k now, compared to $22-25k for Supras)

Here's the rundown.... cost for 550s, ARCII fuel controller, EBC, 15g's, Supra fuel pump, exhaust, downpipe, intake..... probably $7k and that's a CONSERVATIVE estimate, if you go ghetto like me you can get stuff like exhaust and EBC cheaper used, and these are parts that are just as good used as new... turbos and injectors however should probably be new but still aren't that bad used, the only part to really stay away from used is a clutch.... With those mods you're at $24k max and easily 500+ hp at the crank, also a 94 VR4 for $17k probably has <50k miles another thing to think of. Unfortunately the notoriety that stupid movie gave supras(fast and furious) had to jack up the prices, which is great for seller, but bad for buyers, BUT if you plan on going all out then price shouldn't be an issue(neither should insurance) and i'd still recommend a VR4 so you could be a leader and not a follower. To all the MKIV owners on this board, i'm not tryin to steal away a potential member I'm just informing him on other options, and well face it, Supras are already everywhere, don't you wanna some more valid contenders?

As far as insurance i'm sure your mom has a camry or a minivan or somethin that you could be insured on 'cause remember if you're only 16 it would still LEGALLY be your parent's car so you're not doing anything illegal by being insured on the Camry while driving the Supra, hell that's what I do, i'm insured on a 93 Astro van, so I laugh when people ask how much I pay on insurance for my VR4, 'cause those people are stupid. Anyways I think the problem isn't insurance here though.... it's whether mommy wants her son in something that dangerous...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the only 3000gt vr4s i like are the 99s,and they are more expensive than the supras

My mom wants me to get a supra,she knows how fast they are

I don't want to pay 400 a month on insurance like my cousin does
for his 00 camaro ss

Whats a RT/TT?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts