Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Supra forum. I just picked up a low milage (Non-modded) auto TT anthracite supra. The special ordered 3.5" HKS TI carbon fiber exhanust arrived today :D . I have learned about the RM downpipe and other little things I need to do to get to the "BPU" rating. ( I also know I need a 3800-4000 stall for quickness on my auto).

My question is... what turbo is best suited for low 10 secs or better times on a 1/4 mile track???

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Of course. I am finding that the stock tranny (auto) is rated for around 500rwhp. I have been racing Nos induced corvettes for the last few years. My buddies made the rice jokes when they saw the supra last week(newly purchased)... I plan to make them all pay dearly. I should be BPU'd new week. Then I plan to upgrade the Tranny. Kenny Tran (jotech) and I were discussing a possible setup. (He is good but I did not think the 25k) for a single was cost effective. I do want to do it right and I am not cheap. but I thought I could get everything done for at least half that price.

What 1\4 mile times are common for 67 turbo. Considering I have the proper stall or a common time from a 6 speed?

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
25k for a single? WTF

Bring that car down to Austin and we'll get you squared away:) Low 10s can be achieved through a built tranny, t67 turbo kit, fuel, electronics, and other misc items.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Which Turbo is best for quick 1/4 mile times

chester said:
They make carbon fiber exhausts??????????????????
Yes they do (HKS).. The canister is carbon fiber... the tip is titanium. I special ordered the 3.5" piping to match the soon coming RM DP(3.5")

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
racing fan said:
25k for a single? WTF

Bring that car down to Austin and we'll get you squared away:) Low 10s can be achieved through a built tranny, t67 turbo kit, fuel, electronics, and other misc items.
How much for this setup???. I actually bought the car in SanAntonio. just up the way from you! Last weekend

R

·
0 Posts
Don't go to Jotech. They will make you pay dearly for their services. Their are plenty of other shops in the DFW area that will get you what you need for much less. Forced Induction Systems here is McKinney could do it for you as well CTC in Richardson, hell I could even do it for you. I'm NA but I'm going with the Boost Logic Kit along with their built auto. Give me a shout at [email protected] and We can talk about it. Thanks and LMK

Ryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts