Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have a TSO4 .70 ball bearing turbo with an RPS kit. I am upgrading my fuel very soon and I have the need for more speed. I want a turbo that doesn't have a whole lot of lag and is perfect for street driving. I also want to go to the track every now and then and run a 10 second pass on race gas and drag radials.

I am pretty much set on getting the SP 63. It looks like I have the potential to have 550 rwhp on pump gas and 650 rwhp on race gas, which is exactly what I want. It looks like an SP63 (.68) that dynoed 683 rwhp had 400 rwhp by 4200 rpms and a TSO4 that dynoed at 487 rwhp had 400 rwhp by 4100 rpms.

I just want to look at all my options before I get the SP 63. Since I have an RPS kit I believe that my options are (let me know if there are any other that will fit) the SP57, SP60, SP63, T66, and T72. I've ruled out the SP57 because it doesn't put out much more power than my current turbo. I've also don't want the T72 because it is laggy and I'm not building a total drag car or trying to get the highest dyno numbers just to impress people. It looks to me like the SP 63 is the way to go for me, but I also want to hear some other point of views. Thanks. :D

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i think a sp 70 is more what you are looking for !

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
You would love the SP63.

The SP88 is huge...... too big for a street car..... lots of NOS needed to spool it up on a 6 spd, or a very high stall converter.

FYI we made 904 RWHP with the SP88 on an auto!!

Lar
SP

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Larry, can you post the current line up of SP turbo's available? I know you have added SP88 recently but I'm curious as to our options up to that SP88. I'm also going to upgrade the turbo in the near future.

Sound Performance said:
You would love the SP63.

The SP88 is huge...... too big for a street car..... lots of NOS needed to spool it up on a 6 spd, or a very high stall converter.

FYI we made 904 RWHP with the SP88 on an auto!!

Lar
SP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts