• T74

Votes: 21 33.3%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again im trying to see what most ppl gonna vote for, Im thinking 67mm
but not sure if lill while after i'll be looking for more, so i need your guys opinion.
It can be PTE or Garrett. But be specific on why i would pick certain trims such as P-trim, GTS or GT-Q.
I know what i want.....fast spool and planty of power even on pump gas.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i know it might be a boring subject but i really wanna know...so plzzzz vote.

·
BoostedBreakDancer
318 Posts
PHR stage 1 or equivilant other brand

only way to go if your runnin pump gas
running a larger turbo on pump would be counterproductive lag and low peak if your gonna have low peak power and by low i mean realistic pump gas power 400-500 at least have good threshold and spool

thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PHR stage 1 or equivilant other brand

only way to go if your runnin pump gas
running a larger turbo on pump would be counterproductive lag and low peak if your gonna have low peak power and by low i mean realistic pump gas power 400-500 at least have good threshold and spool

thats my 2 cents
makes sense, but i will use race gas as well.

·
Old School
4,059 Posts
It would help a great deal if you could give some specifics as to how you will use the car and what driving conditions are like in your area (long, empty straight roads? Lots of stop and go?).

A turbo for a guy who does a lot of street driving an an urban setting would likely be too small for someone who lives in a rural setting with lots of open, lightly traveled roads.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would help a great deal if you could give some specifics as to how you will use the car and what driving conditions are like in your area (long, empty straight roads? Lots of stop and go?).

A turbo for a guy who does a lot of street driving an an urban setting would likely be too small for someone who lives in a rural setting with lots of open, lightly traveled roads.
well its gonna be mostly street driven and some 1/4 mile fun as well.....i live in a area where we do have planty of room for streight acceleration where bigger turbo will shine...but it's not quite legal....so i dont wanna build a setup and not use it to its full potential.

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
My choice is actually twin gt28rs turbos but I chose 67 as that was my favorite among the ones you listed. It has great area under the curve, good top end and reasonable if not good responsiveness. I do not have one BTW. Going off dynos and what I like.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see 67mm is leading...lol

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
I voted for the T74 b/c its the biggest you listed, I have a T76 and its great for daily driving and you can build around it, you will not have to upgrade unless you want to go above and beyond, which most of us will probably do. It just depends on you goals and what you want to do. Going single is the best thing to do on these cars. Just my .02.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I voted for the T74 b/c its the biggest you listed, I have a T76 and its great for daily driving and you can build around it, you will not have to upgrade unless you want to go above and beyond, which most of us will probably do. It just depends on you goals and what you want to do. Going single is the best thing to do on these cars. Just my .02.
well im thinking about the 74mm but im still stock motor..i think it might be to big...i was told not to go bigger then 71mm...what do you guys think about that????

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Had a precision 67 GTQ/.81 ar (now for sale) on my supra for about 500 miles and now I went to a precision 74 GTS and love it. It does have about 300 rpm more lag but the top end is alot stronger then the 67. Not to knock the 67, it's a GREAT turbo but I have a disease for more power. BTW I'm still on a stock motor with 272's and ARP head studs. Good luck with your decison.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts