Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if I get t04r kit can I change with sp turbos or not? :)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Super Big D. Moderator
1,078 Posts
i dont know why PHR still keeps that t78 dyno on their site.. it is completly bogus.. no T78 i have EVER seen dynos like that.
here is a REAL t78 at #24.

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
A T78 doesn't spool quite as bad as PHR's graph.. but not as good as Jesus' graph either. Remember Jesus and Angel like to dyno in 5th which helps their spool by a good 3-400 RPM's....

Andi

·
Super Big D. Moderator
1,078 Posts
Andi said:
A T78 doesn't spool quite as bad as PHR's graph.. but not as good as Jesus' graph either. Remember Jesus and Angel like to dyno in 5th which helps their spool by a good 3-400 RPM's....

Andi
i agree.. but the power curve looks the same.. PHR makes it look like the t78 makes power for 100 rpm...
looks like a marketing ploy to me.
d.

·
666 Posts
Re: Re: Re: which turbo spools quicker greddy t78 or hks to4r

Gee... that doesn't sound like 2rip aka Anal Patel:rolleyes:

2jz T8834D said:

One reason, In my opinion, I wouldn't buy an SP turbo kit, over HKS, HKS products have the highest quality workmanship.

2jz T8834D

M

·
0 Posts
C5KILLR said:
if I get t04r kit can I change with sp turbos or not? :)
You can as long as you get a "V" band welded on the downpipe of the T04R turbo, and then of course you'd have to do the same to the T04R turbo too. Unless it's an option or it has changed, the T04R kit comes with a "4 bolt" flange mating the turbo to the downpipe. The SP turbo kit is a "V" band style.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts

2jz T8834D said:

One reason, In my opinion, I wouldn't buy an SP turbo kit, over HKS, HKS products have the highest quality workmanship.

2jz T8834D

And you have seen my work and compared it??

·
Super Big D. Moderator
1,078 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: which turbo spools quicker greddy t78 or hks to4r

Sound Performance said:

And you have seen my work and compared it??
i thought the Quality of the SP kit was top notch.. but personaly i will end up going Greddy owing to cost.. $3800 VS 5400ish for the SP kit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which turbo spools quicker greddy t78 or hks to4r

White_lightning said:

i thought the Quality of the SP kit was top notch.. but personaly i will end up going Greddy owing to cost.. $3800 VS 5400ish for the SP kit.
As a reminder, the SP kit includes a full length DP. With the Greddy kit you will need to purchase the HKS or Blitz or similar midpipe for about $170-190.
The SP kit comes with the ceramic coatings included. To have my Greddy kit cereamic coated I just paid $500.
The SP kit includes the HKS Racing Type 2 BOV which MVP sells for $427, plus I believe the SP kit comes with a flange welded in place to accomodate the BOV . So if you can't weld your own flange on you can add that cost to the Greddy kit as well.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

really?
is that why SP warrantys there turbos for one year and hks how long ?????(read below)
Turbochargers and wastegates, which are warranted for one hundred twenty (120) days from original purchase.

hks warranty =2months guess they dont stand behind there highest quality & workmanship that much ;)

thats why i went with an sp turbo great warranty !

2jz T8834D said:

2jz T8834D

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which turbo spools quicker greddy t78 or hks to4r

Lonestar Dawg said:

As a reminder, the SP kit includes a full length DP. With the Greddy kit you will need to purchase the HKS or Blitz or similar midpipe for about $170-190.
The SP kit comes with the ceramic coatings included. To have my Greddy kit cereamic coated I just paid $500.
The SP kit includes the HKS Racing Type 2 BOV which MVP sells for $427, plus I believe the SP kit comes with a flange welded in place to accomodate the BOV . So if you can't weld your own flange on you can add that cost to the Greddy kit as well.

And dont forget a polished turbo compressor housing, powder coated IC piping, and K&N filters for the breather and IAC motor.
:)

Lar
SP

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which turbo spools quicker greddy t78 or hks to4r

Sound Performance said:

And dont forget a polished turbo compressor housing, powder coated IC piping, and K&N filters for the breather and IAC motor.
:)

Lar
SP

oh..... and the ability to upgrade to a bigger or smaller turbo later and trade in the old turbo!! Can't do that anywhere else!!

D

·
0 Posts
that sounds like a pretty wicked deal from sp
now if i could find the car to put it on :rolleyes:

·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

2jz T8834D said:

2jz T8834D
only reason I wanted buy the to4r kit I found one for $4300 .oo
but damn :( he doesnt email back , I guess he sold it :(

·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which turbo spools quicker greddy t78 or hks to4r

White_lightning said:

greddy 3800.00
need bov add 200.00
need dp add 200.00
total: 4200 vs 5400 :)

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which turbo spools quicker greddy t78 or hks to4r

C5KILLR said:

greddy 3800.00
need bov add 200.00
need dp add 200.00
total: 4200 vs 5400 :)

The HKS racing BOV is $500 retail!! not 200. Then add for the flange and welding. Dont forget ceramic coating, polishing, and all the little filters. Its not fair to say 4200 vs 5400 unless you are comparing the same things. That is like saying a corolla is $100,000 less than a Mercedes but they both get you from point A to point B

N

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which turbo spools quicker greddy t78 or hks to4r

Sound Performance said:

oh..... and the ability to upgrade to a bigger or smaller turbo later and trade in the old turbo!! Can't do that anywhere else!!
No doubt it sounds like a great deal.

I can understand that there are alot of American tuners making up "their own" kits because HK$ customer service has sucked for so long. HK$ Japan doesnt seem to be interested in the american market. Shit, HK$ USA wont even sponsor my site... what does that tell you. Sounds to me like the SP kit is just a bunch of HK$ parts anyways..... but you get stateside support =)

What kind of manifold do you use with your kits Larry?

I would like to note that with a simple adapter I can fit a t51r on my to4r kit =)
Lets just hope that the new HK$ USA website is the first step to better their services to the American market.

I love the performance of HK$ but it seems to me that SP has a great product and customer support, I hope to see more SP Supra's as members on my site.

take care,
nils

·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which turbo spools quicker greddy t78 or hks to4r

Sound Performance said:

The HKS racing BOV is $500 retail!! not 200. Then add for the flange and welding. Dont forget ceramic coating, polishing, and all the little filters. Its not fair to say 4200 vs 5400 unless you are comparing the same things. That is like saying a corolla is $100,000 less than a Mercedes but they both get you from point A to point B
hehe nah I wasnt comparing hehe :)
I am just saying greddy aint $3800.00 hehe
it will need bov and dp
I am saying if I wanna pay 4200.00 , I would buy your kit instead :)
I love sp kit hehe

1 - 20 of 45 Posts