• Garrett t40r

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Twins (gt30r, gt28r)

Votes: 3 16.7%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· always watching
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I keep goin back and forth with my turbo options. i had a gt42r waiting then, we started talking about twin gt30r's or 28r's. or mabye a gt40r to get rid of some of the lag. or a turbonetics t72 BB with .68 or .58 ar. so many choices. any input. my car will be running crower 272's with 1000cc inj, AEM, etc etc etc.

now this has nothing to do with my goals, this is strictly what you would do if this was your car.

(yeah I know it says t42r etc. I don't know why it cut off the g)

· Boost Dealer
1,336 Posts
JT62R quick as heck spooling solid 500rwhp turbo :cool:.

· ***ified?
1,073 Posts
you should have given the options of all different types of turbos. And look into the names a bit better - I dont think ive ever seen a "t40r". And if you meant a gt40r, those are really hard to come by as well..... most people have the gt40 with standard journal bearing.

· Boost Dealer
1,336 Posts
The JT62R is a 62-1 HiFi Compressor wheel, in a T04E housing. with a P-Trim exhaust
wheel. Normally its converted to work on the MKIII manifold, but without, it's WAY less $$.

PM if you want more info.

(2JZ-GTE in a MKII is really overkill, 500rwhp in a MKII is PLENTY, and that can be done
cheaply and easily with a 7M-GTE, anfd be real reliable.)

· 1JZ BLING
2,101 Posts
just get a t04r, save $600 on the turbo, make 700rwhp and be happy =].

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Jewishjalopi said:
just get a t04r, save $600 on the turbo, make 700rwhp and be happy =].
Agreed

· Boost Dealer
1,336 Posts
The JT62 is $550, for just the turbo without the additional stuff to mount it on
a 7M-GTE engine. How can you save $600 on it? The Masterpower T-70 is about
the same price ($550), ok, plus $35 shipping.

Jeff

· always watching
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can get the gt40r (thats what I ment) . I can get all of the turbos I listed I'm working with shop that, thats all they do is turbo kits so availablity is not an problem. I really want to go BB. jon you already know this, we've talked at length about it. I don't want to just have another single 2j, just like everyother one that is getting finished this year. I want something that sets mine apart. thats why we were thinking twins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.