Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a turbo that has MASSSSSIVE turbo lag :nono: . The exhaust side is 1.15. That's way too big. I can't even boost.

So I need help of where and which turbo is best for the 1jz. I can't seem to find a reputable site to get mine from.

Where did you guys buy your singles??????

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I think a gt35 is what I would have gone for if I still had the 1jz. From readin around, the DBB versions are great for quick spool and good HP numbers around 500hp or so?
I am not to good on turbo ratios and all but maybe something with a .81 is not too laggy .
Maybe the experts will correct me and give more insight.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at an OBX one on ebay again. I think it has a 0.98. Is that still going to give me a lot of lag?

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
I was looking at an OBX one on ebay again. I think it has a 0.98. Is that still going to give me a lot of lag?
Is it a T3 or T4 housing? Not that it matters, both will still be laggy.

Why not just get a smaller exhaust housing for your current turbo? If you want a new turbo, the most important question is what's your power goals? If you're aiming for 600hp, I REALLY want someome to strap a T04Z onto a 1JZ.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a t4.

I just want to get my car up and running. I was looking to someday meet up with the 500-600 hp range.

Are you talking about the HKS T04Z? If so, isn't that thing freak'n expensive?

So you think the 0.96 is still laggy?

What is the sizeing on the T04Z? Is it much smaller?

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I have a dbb sp61 / pt61 with a .58 t4 housing, I have full boost at 3800 rpm and the turbo is 600 hp capable. It is a blast to drive!!! A sp63 would be a good match too and can make a little more power.

Here is a great turbo page with lots of specs and dyno sheets from each turbo, it is for the mk4/ 2jz but a 1jz will spool just a little slower.

http://www.moreboost.org/turbo_detail.htm

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
i also have a sp61 / pt61 dbb, however i have the .81 housing, and I love it, a touch laggy, but hits like a hammer when it comes on.

~scott

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
comes on a just before 3500 full spool has not yet been tested since im only running 8 psi right now, new waste gate spring goes in saturday.

~scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts