Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The turbo I was thinking of was the T88 turbo I heard it was good and gave a whole lot of power. does anyone else have any suggestions.

·
Working Hard for Stroker!
215 Posts
depends man.. what are you trying to do.... are you going for daily driver, drag, or all around? :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Similar flowing turbo options are the Turbonetics T72 or the Garrett GT42. Check out www.moreboost.org for their excellent Supra turbo compariosion section.

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
mkiv josh* said:
The turbo I was thinking of was the T88 turbo I heard it was good and gave a whole lot of power. does anyone else have any suggestions.
Well, I won't say use the Search button, but do browse this and the General forum. There are several recent threads about turbo choices. And do look over Steve's turbo page!

·
Registered
163 Posts
notlownf said:
What are your goals? Is a "whole lot of power" your only criteria for a turbo? What are your other mods?
I AGREE it depends on what u want... but im preferable to a sequential twin set-up like the HKS GT2832 kit, low end boost, high end torque, fully adjustable and runs nice and cool... cant go wrong on 600 hp on the street and then 800-900 at the track... lots of boost but quite a price tag, the lowest ive seen it go for is 7500... but thats just me.... and if your going to get any type of turbo over 20psi upgrade ur fuel, cams, exhaust, valvetrain, and of course ignition... HKS has ALL of that at quality i trust.... layta

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I also have never considered "low end boost" to be in the list of features of the HKS twins. They seem more like laggy top end turbos ...helped by a stroker kit if you have a spare $8k or so on top of everything else.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You can also go to the Dyno section. There are a lot of threads on different turboes along with dyno sheets.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I"m running a T88 and so far its been very good and great power....Price is affordable and greddy product are pretty reliable.(to my experiance)..But there are great turbo kits available out there...

·
Registered
967 Posts
This is so broad of a question with so many factors that there would not be an end to the thread if we examined them all. Search around here for dyno graphs, spool characteristics, parts needed and you will get a better idea.

·
Lurker
62 Posts
craigdt said:
What a worthless thread. Get a Supra first. Mods need to close this.
-Craig

exactly, this is obviously not a question that has any reality behind it and it also a topic that has been covered in great detail in the last few weeks.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
-scarface2jz- said:
I AGREE it depends on what u want... but im preferable to a sequential twin set-up like the HKS GT2832 kit, low end boost, high end torque, fully adjustable and runs nice and cool... cant go wrong on 600 hp on the street and then 800-900 at the track... lots of boost but quite a price tag, the lowest ive seen it go for is 7500... but thats just me.... and if your going to get any type of turbo over 20psi upgrade ur fuel, cams, exhaust, valvetrain, and of course ignition... HKS has ALL of that at quality i trust.... layta
dont ever post again to give someone advice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts