Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
1jz 240sx
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K guys, I already searched and didn't find an answer to what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for single that can push ~450 rwhp at around 16-18 psi and will pull hard all the way to 7500-8000 rpm. Turbo should also be able to handle 20+ psi with race gas.

My setup:
FMIC,
Mines ECU,
3" exhaust, no cat,
walhbro fuel pump,
currently 440 injectors, going to 550 injectors
IC hardpipes,
HKS intake,
SAFC II.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, either from experience or speculation.

Thanks ahead of time.
 

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
Joined
·
12,246 Posts
any t04 with a 57 trim at least.

any bigger will do.. at scrafice of spool
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
would a GT35 or GT40 work? or would hte GT40 be a little over kill for his goals?
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
60-1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,902 Posts
SP58/59GT. Anything else with those injectors will be useless. That turbo will push 32psi. But without a second fuel pump and AFPR, i Doubt that you'll be able to hit that.

I say all of this b/c that the turbo that i have. And, IF!! i was up and running :dunno:, small things, then i could give you a good review. But i hoping to hit around mid to low 400RWHP on pump and at 18psi.

Bryan
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
BigTSetter said:
SP58/59GT. Anything else with those injectors will be useless. That turbo will push 32psi. But without a second fuel pump and AFPR, i Doubt that you'll be able to hit that.

I say all of this b/c that the turbo that i have. And, IF!! i was up and running :dunno:, small things, then i could give you a good review. But i hoping to hit around mid to low 400RWHP on pump and at 18psi.

Bryan
he never said he is looking to push 32psi

seems more like he wants a lot of power on lower boost. like i do...
 

·
1jz 240sx
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies. To answer a few questions, I am willing to run a second fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator if needed. Main purpose for this set up is to have ~450 daily driven on pump gas. 500+ on race gas for weekend runs. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before I commit.
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
let me know if you want a 60-1 ill give you the number of a place that sells them with full garret internals for ~600
 

·
1jz 240sx
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ckanderson said:
let me know if you want a 60-1 ill give you the number of a place that sells them with full garret internals for ~600
Do you currently run this turbo? If so, could you give more specifics like when it spools, hp, psi, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,697 Posts
T-61, T-61, T-61!!!!!

10 second, 550+ rwhp turbo, and one of the quickest spooling out there. You'll get full boost at or even a little under 4000 depending on tuning.

Plus they are dirt cheap, and everywhere. Lest we forget what turbo Pass1914 (John to us locals) had. And he made what, 603 rwhp???
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
dillusion13 said:
Do you currently run this turbo? If so, could you give more specifics like when it spools, hp, psi, etc.
I currently run a t04b with a h trim wheel, which isnt enough for me. I will be upgrading to a even larger turbo then the 62-1. but the 60-1 will be a good choice. with a .58 a/r exhaust i had full 14 psi at 3400 rpm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
939 Posts
Ck what does that 60-1 top out at hP wise I have one I may be able to get for a song?
Cary
 

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
I have a IHI RHC-7 and at 19psi it did 431whp I get full boost at 4000rpm and it is quite drivable. I run it at 13psi on the street and it is still fast.

The thing is to get a turbo that makes that much power at that boost it will have to be big and that means lag. You can try to make it spool up faster with a smaller A/R turbine housing but that will limmit top end flow.

A GT35R will flow about 45lbs/min(450hp) at 1.2bar and be right in its sweet spot. You will be able to to flow 60lbs/min(600hp) at 1.6bar.


Jeremy
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,588 Posts
GT40R...very fast spooling turbo ;)
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
the only map I have right now is the 62-1 t04b map
http://www.majesticturbo.com/20255.html
70 pounds =~700 hp... the 60-1 is less, but I dont have the map... I'll be going bigger then both of those though
 

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
JonnyRedline said:
GT40R...very fast spooling turbo ;)
The GT40R is not out yet and the word is that it will not be out for a few more months. There was a run last year of about 20 GT40R's but those were all sold to ATP for testing :rolleyes:. You can get a GT40 but that is non ball bearing.

Jermey
 

·
1jz 240sx
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Turbo Drifter said:
The GT40R is not out yet and the word is that it will not be out for a few more months. There was a run last year of about 20 GT40R's but those were all sold to ATP for testing :rolleyes:. You can get a GT40 but that is non ball bearing.

Jermey
What are the specs of the GT40R?
 

·
MVP performance
Joined
·
895 Posts
fstlane88 said:
T-61, T-61, T-61!!!!!

10 second, 550+ rwhp turbo, and one of the quickest spooling out there. You'll get full boost at or even a little under 4000 depending on tuning.

Plus they are dirt cheap, and everywhere. Lest we forget what turbo Pass1914 (John to us locals) had. And he made what, 603 rwhp???

T-61 all the way, by far the best daily driven street turbo for our setup. You will do up to 450rwhp on pumpgas( i know)

good luck.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top