Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think would be a good upgrade for me to be around 350hp. Should i get the HKS FCD and raise the boost up to 15psi or go with lex maf/550?My goal is to be at 350hp, just enought to kill Stang GT. I currenlty have a 91 turbo 5 speed with intake, 3" elbow, downpipe, Titan hight flow cat, Blitz catback and mbc set at 11psi. I do hit fc when WOT on a cold nite. What do you think would be a good upgrade for me to be around 350hp. Should i get the HKS FCD and raise the boost up to 15psi or go with lex maf/550?

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
lex afm, 550s, and safc2 should get you there if not more

you may want an egt gauge as well

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Boostedmkiii said:
lex afm, 550s, and safc2 should get you there if not more

you may want an egt gauge as well
I made 347 RWHP, which is around 400 crank HP on the Lex/550/AFC combo. Im on an upgraded CT though, also at 21 psi. Still running SUPER SUPER rich as well. You should easily get to 350 HP, Id stay away from the FCD to be safe.

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
oscar35783 said:
I'm not to sure of how to use safc2.
I didnt either. Its SUPER easy to learn, dont be scared of it. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
218 Posts
yes it does.... im running hks mega flow intake, 3"cooleeze mega mouth dp, gutted stock cat and a hks carbon-ti catback exhuast with stock turbo boosting 12psi using a mbc. i have a safc2, zt2 wide band, and a walbro 255 fuel pump. and it sure does leave a mustang gt far away from me on the freeway. too bad i dont have a power to keep close to a mustang cobra though

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
yah it does.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
dont just crank up the boost though.. get some aftermarket gauges to make sure u dont blow up ur motor.. especially if ur going to go with just a lex.. the 550's complement the lex perfectly... my adsive would be wideband, boost gauge, oil pressurel, water temp.. but thats just me :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
eh.. lots of people have made lots of power on the stock headgasket.. one guy is over 500 rwhp.. its more how often u change the coolant and prep when putting a new one in. proper tuning. lots of variables

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Boost will want MHG. Oem is ok for NA but any FI should have a MHG. I suggest an SAFC and tuning properly, because a properly tuned engine is a happy non-hg blowing engine :)

·
1993 RX-7
278 Posts
MASHedDough said:
I made 347 RWHP, which is around 400 crank HP on the Lex/550/AFC combo. Im on an upgraded CT though, also at 21 psi. Still running SUPER SUPER rich as well. You should easily get to 350 HP, Id stay away from the FCD to be safe.
i also made 347rwhp on lexus/550/safc with an upgraded ct-26, but i only ran 15psi....

·
Registered
927 Posts
oscar35783 said:
I have hew OEM hg with new OEM bolts torqued to 70lb.
Should be fine. Don't listen to the majority of the people who say you HAVE to get a metal hg...A new stocker torqued down right is fine, but just make sure you don't detonate badly(so make sure you tune it with some room)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts