Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Certified Loon
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new here so take it easy on me.:p
i have been a big fan of the Mk4 ever since i was in 9th grade, but anyway,
- can anyone tell me if it would be cheaper to buy a N/A Supra w/ 5 speed and swap out the engine and tranny w/ a 2JZ-GTE and 6 speed tranny or just buy the TT6spd. Supra.....Oh and how much would it cost to proform the swap and is there any extra parts i would need to proform the swap... :confused: :confused: :confused:

B

·
0 Posts
Swap

Well, to see what will be cheaper, you need to look around and price the cars. If you go to www.powerhouseracing.com they tell you about your options. A TT engine swao will caost you 10,500. The six speed tanny will cost another 5000 on top of the engine swap. So if you can find an NA Supra for 15,500 less than a Stock TT, its worth it. However, they also do a single turbo kit for the NA , with stage 1 at 300hp, and stage 2 at 450hp. they didnt have any prices yet. Look at the site, or even email them to get all the details. But it all comes down to pricing. Personally, i think just going for a TT is the best bet, but depends on your craving for HP.......
Later
:wtf:

J

·
0 Posts
Buying a TT right out of the box is cheaper, but some people cant afford that. N/A isnt bad and it gives you more money to mod it and later throw on the turbo kit or get the swap.
its your choice really

you'll need more money up front with the TT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts