Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Supra GT Targa 5spd R154 7MGTE built
299 Posts
I have the DM one, it made 450hp/475 tq at 1.1Bar with an EBC, external wastegate with a 7-8psi spring as well. That was on a Holset h1e billet 60/64 22cm3 turbine housing. We maxed out the duty cycle on the MAC valve to reach 15-16psi.

SP requested I put in at least a 1 bar wastegate spring before retuning, I've got a 1.4bar spring in my toolbox

·
Registered
299 Posts
I can say when I do a hard pull with the DM intercooler I see my IAT's drop, again I'm in 400's plan on going for the 6 mark come spring so can share feedback then.

I do agree this seems to be a wastegate issue.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I’m referring to the spearco style same side intercooler like the one you posted the pic of, not the opposite side one with the 90* outlet that they also sell. Just to be clear. I have had no reason to do a pressure loss test so I can give no data in that regard.
I can say I ran my intercooler piping as direct as possible. Does length pre and post intercooler play a role in pressure drop?
I know my IATs are decreased by the intercooler at my current hp and boost levels.
With the given intercooler, changing the waste gate spring will allow me to run more boost and test further.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That’s not the one I have. That one is not a good design. The other one has the end tanks horizontal top and bottom and the fins vertical so the air flows from one tank to the other, not just across the core.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts