Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry i dont have any pics but i will try my best to describe.

There are 2 wires on the intake side that reach and could possbly reach the stater,,,

which one exactly would go to the starter and how can i tell?

Also, where would the other one go if not the the starter? :eek:

I have the 1JZ in and all ready to go till i get the replacement 1JZ till i can find a cheapish 2JZ ;)

Oh and also while we're on the topic of wies, where does the powr steering wire go?
its the one that comes from the rack..

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, the wires in question for the starter both have the ring thing on the end which bolt to the starter... thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
Are you talking about the two wires coming from the battery?
I had two wires in a loom together, one that came from the negative terminal and one from the positive terminal.

On the other end, there was a ring with a rubber boot on it that sends +12V to the starter and a ring with no rubber boot that is just a ground to the block.

Power steering wire? I'm assuming you are 89+ and are talking about progressive power steering? My harness came with a plug for that even though I didn't need it, it was extended by Mike Urbano and the plug came from in between the intake manifold and the block.

Pictures would help if you get the chance
Danny

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ayzianboy said:
Are you talking about the two wires coming from the battery?
I had two wires in a loom together, one that came from the negative terminal and one from the positive terminal.

On the other end, there was a ring with a rubber boot on it that sends +12V to the starter and a ring with no rubber boot that is just a ground to the block.

Power steering wire? I'm assuming you are 89+ and are talking about progressive power steering? My harness came with a plug for that even though I didn't need it, it was extended by Mike Urbano and the plug came from in between the intake manifold and the block.

Pictures would help if you get the chance
Danny
WOW, you are my new best friend. ;)

i thought about it also and the 'ground' is all grease and the +12v was nice and clean.

anwyays it cranks, cheers for that. will have another go at figuring out where this power steering plug goes to tonight after work.

Thanks so far! Cant wait to go and have a boost and some sideways tongiht ;)

Laters

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah i am 89+, actually a 1992 JZA70-R

just thought i would add that

·
Registered
562 Posts
you need to extend the PPS wire now that it is on the other side of the car.

Nevermind since you are in NZ then the steering wheel is on the correct side of the car for that harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts