Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· 1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not asking what fits or doesn't, i am just going off of numbers from different vendor sites.

now one site has an IC listed measuring 24" x 10" x 3" and selling it for over 600 bucks. Now thats crazy. I know that my IC piping won't be any larger then 2.5 considering i will never be putting that much power to need anything any bigger. Now my question is.

Would you go with a cheaper one that measures? 28x9x2.6, it is very similar but a tad bit small on thickness & overall height. But length it gives it an additional 4 inches which isn't that bad.

This particular IC is going for $130.00 Shipped. Now i can get some IC piping for 100 bucks and have a complete set for roughly 250/260 give or take one or two f**k ups. I am aiming for 350 to 450 HP. Would you go with a smaller core 2.6/2.5 or go 3'' core reguardless of IC piping?

Now will that overall length effect fitment issues? I have read the venders article which stats it fits with out removing bumper support. I am guessing because of the height. Now the length i'm not too sure this will be a positive or negative thing. Any inputs accepted good or bad.

· Ludicrous speed! GO!
2,559 Posts
If 350-450 is your hp goal, I'd stick with the stocker until the very last moment.

· Registered
3,965 Posts
a huge IC won't do jack if it's not getting air, so the wide one might be better, but pumbing might also be a bit harder, what I'd do it take cardboard and make a box in the same dimensions out of it and see how it fits.

Also depends on design. But remember you have your A/C and radiator behind it that also needs air...

· Supranian
2,181 Posts
Good question ! I am also looking into upgrading my IC and would like to know what everyone is using as far as the size of the unit. I don't want to have to gouge my car to make it fit.

· 1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
koulee said:
If 350-450 is your hp goal, I'd stick with the stocker until the very last moment.

i don't want the stocker anymore due to heatsoak, i'm just an intake & catback for now and i can feel the heat soak taking power away. I want an upgraded IC & Piping just in case i ever want more HP I have it and for the mods i want i don't have to worry about heat soak. The first vendor's IC was HPF & The other was EBAY.

Thanks for you opinions....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.