Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard from fellow car enthusiasts that certain Supras in this generation are better than others. Are the 93's through 95's better than 96's through 98's(twin turbos)? Did Toyota make any changes in the suspension or transmissions in these years? I'm doing some research right now for when I graduate college and buy my own Supra.

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
1995 hardtop TT of course

Last year of the hardtop TT (newest)
Rarest year of the hardtop TT (18 sold in USA)
Last year of OBDI emissions (easier to mod)

All right, so maybe I'm just a little biased! :p :p :p

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
depends what you want i dont like the inside of the 97-98
96 are all automatic

93.5-95 are my fav. why love the seats and how much more simple the car is to work on93.5-95 used odbI ..(97-98 had odbII)but odbII is good too

hard tops are sweet and are lighter but i didnt shop for a harttop because i always wanted a targa top!

so it all depends on what you ar looking for!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks your your opinions. I'm going to look at as many options as I can before I buy my supra. As far as the older ones being cheaper, I'm not going to factor in price into my considerations. I figure if youre going to do something, you might as well do it the best you can. So I'm gonna find the best damn supra I can find.

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Now that is a great plan indeed! Good luck finding your dream Supra. :)

Steve T.

Da Beast said:
...So I'm gonna find the best damn supra I can find.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hardtop is just that, the roof is solid (hard-top). On a targa top, they are similar to a T-top, but with no part inbetween. A targa top is basically a channel that is removable over your head. The part of your roof that you can remove goes from the winshield to just behind your head. This is nice because you can take off the top when your crusing around on some nice Sunday afternoon. Hope this helped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts