Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening lads. Ordering all the necessary product for thorough, shave your beard shine from Zaino on a 97 NA. I've read that black mkivs from 97-98 COULD be clear coated, but seems no one's sure! To make it more interesting, after moron hit me last summer, roughly half the car was sprayed, and that half was most likely clearcoated!! So either the entire car is cleared, or 1/2 is and 1/2 isn't :dunno:
Still plan to do complete color change eventually, but in the mean time, what do I order to play it safe...the clear coat product or non-clear coat?

Me and my car thanks you...

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Wont matter...they'll both work (z-2 and z-3)...I'd buy the z-2 if I were you, and call it a day :)

By the way, you probably have 1/2 and 1/2 on the car (rather than all clear).

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I made a post a little over a month ago about how happy I was with a few zaino products I purchased. (I also have a black Supra) It includes pictures so you can see how well they worked. I used Z2 with ZFX and finished with the Z6 spray.

Here's a link click

Hope that helps :)

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I just added 2 more coats to mine (4 total now) and love the, results. Zaino rules. I'm going to have to get some of the Z8 spray for some up coming shows, anyone used it yet ?

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
Been a Zaino user for years.......addicted ......will never go to rehab. I do the three step program(Z-2 ZFX Z6) and still addicted. In fact over time it gets worse..... :biggrin:

ZFX flash cure and either z2-z3 and some detail spray life is goooooooood. Haven't tried the newer products like Z-8 yet though.
I love absolutely love the plastic cleaner, I did my headlights(inside) with it. The leather cleaner and tire shine both didn't meet my expectations lots of better products. Detail spray works really well too.
I prefer 303 protectant for any plastic pieces after the cleaner. Then its Cally duster for pollen life is good.

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
Zaino reccomends on a dark colored car to start out with the Z-5 and then move on to the Z-2. I think when I started mine I did one coat of Z-5 and then about 3 coats of Z-2 with the ZFX. I also wiped it with Z-6 between each and every coat as it helps to make it even more slick. I think after a week or two I ended up with about 10 coats of Z-2 on the car and the results became even more amazing after each and every coat. Gotta love how easy it goes on and comes right back off. Not to mention how slick and shiny it is with how long it lasts.

-Porter zaino user for life :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
counselo1 said:
...what do I order to play it safe...the clear coat product or non-clear coat?

^This^ is what he was wondering about...

Not whether you guys liked zaino or not :stickpoke

:tongue:

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
OH' tell him to mix the two. :biggrin: He was already answered, use either. I have a Black truck and Black car, one with CC, one without..... I see no differences at all.

Hope that helps....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Start over again. Per "Zaino" instructions, prep the paint the best you can (I would clay first, then use the Porter Cable 7424 and least abrasive 3M or Mirror Glaze polish) Dawn wash, and dry with 100% terry cloth towels. Then WITHOUT A DOUBT I would use the "new Z2Pro" with ZFX and apply three coats using Z6 between coats. Final step, use the "new Z8" finishing spray. End result....the DEEPEST, WETTEST, MOST DURABLE Zaino finish you've ever seen. It's hard to believe, but you will notice a big difference compared to the regular Z2, Z3, and Z5 products on dark colored cars. You won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just remember, the paint prep work is the most difficult but most important first step on a black car!!

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
I zaino'd last fall before winter. When the first snow storm hit, i went to clean my car...it slid off like nothing!!! and the car still had a nice shine to it. Zaino is truly amazing! This was on my black g35. Z2, Z5, Z6, repeat until satisfied.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just used the Z2 with ZFX for the first time last weekend. Amazing. Did the spray between each coat and it really worked well. Another product that works really well is their glass cleaner. Best I have ever used, especially the inside of the windshield which drives me nuts when its dirty. Use a microfiber "glass" towel with it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got Zaino, put 2 coats of Z5, 1 coat of Z2...looks great considering that's all I applied. BUt damn this Z6...I have streaks! GAARHH! Don't tell me I have to start all over again do I? I'll search and see what I can find, I know streaks happen when you use too much product...

Looks like there were more fine swirling and spiderwebbing than I thought, will take everything off in next week as I got a Portacable 7336...will use 3M Perfect it II and finish up with Swirl Remover for dark cars and redo Zaino...

Want car to look its best when I put it up for sale in next month...want a TT ;)

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
counselo1 said:
Got Zaino, put 2 coats of Z5, 1 coat of Z2...looks great considering that's all I applied. BUt damn this Z6...I have streaks! GAARHH! Don't tell me I have to start all over again do I? I'll search and see what I can find, I know streaks happen when you use too much product...

Looks like there were more fine swirling and spiderwebbing than I thought, will take everything off in next week as I got a Portacable 7336...will use 3M Perfect it II and finish up with Swirl Remover for dark cars and redo Zaino...

Want car to look its best when I put it up for sale in next month...want a TT ;)
If you have streaks, you used too much. It takes very little to be effective...try spraying it on your towel instead of the car directly.

Shaun

1 - 16 of 16 Posts