Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· shake your palm palms
12,914 Posts
The Procede V3 Rev II CANbus tune. Very good software. Check out www.e90post.com for the 3 series, they have loads of information there on it. Also, if your car throws a code, you can also see what the code is. If you want a cheaper tune look into the JB3. It's all about preference and they are all good.

Then just look into what exhaust you would want, in terms of how loud you want it. My cousin is running an AE exhaust. The thing is total sex, and the price is justifiable.

RR DP's & Mid-pipe's, Dual Cone Intake, and KW V3 coilovers are also modifications to look into.

You should run close to around 370-80whp on 91 in 80* weather with all of the above. Race gas with higher boost and the 400 mark should be there.

But it all depends on how much you're willing to throw around for money and what your goal is. I would check out e90post and look around. Good luck!

Post pics btw!

· Registered
208 Posts
JB3 all the way

I`ve heard too many complains about the proceed to give it a try.

I personally run a lighter version opf the jb3 (JB+)

IMO, other than the tune, and intake (maybe the downpipe)...the rest of the mods are not worth it (price vs gains)

· Registered
824 Posts
active autowerks chip they have two I think get them both run a custom exhaust with cat delete, DP and intercooler upgrade and you will find it hard to lose. I have two friends with 335's one is coupe and the other is sedan running similar set ups and only seen them lose to a C6 Zo6 on 75-shot of spray and a race prep RX-7 and ofcoarse a nice T67 2jz sc3.... But they take it to 350z on spray evo (mild tune) loud track Mustang etc.

· Big Things Happening Soon
1,354 Posts
active autowerks chip they have two I think get them both run a custom exhaust with cat delete, DP and intercooler upgrade and you will find it hard to lose. I have two friends with 335's one is coupe and the other is sedan running similar set ups and only seen them lose to a C6 Zo6 on 75-shot of spray and a race prep RX-7 and ofcoarse a nice T67 2jz sc3.... But they take it to 350z on spray evo (mild tune) loud track Mustang etc.

Active is very good and their exhaust is sick!!!!!!

· shake your palm palms
12,914 Posts
JB3 all the way

I`ve heard too many complains about the proceed to give it a try.

I personally run a lighter version opf the jb3 (JB+)

IMO, other than the tune, and intake (maybe the downpipe)...the rest of the mods are not worth it (price vs gains)
Care to cite those complaints? Not trying to start a tuning war but the Procede V3 II is a great tune just like the JB3.

Also, the midpipe's (second cat deletE) and exhaust and (dp's - 1st cat deletE) can be great gains if you find it used. 900 for exhaust - 400 for dp's - 300 for mid's...lots of gains and worth it..

I've got friends running the software, and there is no "BOOOM!!" to speak of yet.

It can't be detected if it's removed, BTW.
Exactly, both can be removed. Both are great tunes, just look into them.

· Big Things Happening Soon
1,354 Posts
I've got friends running the software, and there is no "BOOOM!!" to speak of yet.

It can't be detected if it's removed, BTW.
Thats what you think my friend. Try it then call me and Ill tell you I said so. LOL

All BMW's have whats called a shadow file and even if you remove it there is always another back up thats will show it.

We have had many here and beleive me we have retreived every one of them.

Ill ask Suprareyrey to post here. He is a Serv. Advisor for us here at BMW

· Registered
104 Posts
Thats what you think my friend. Try it then call me and Ill tell you I said so. LOL

All BMW's have whats called a shadow file and even if you remove it there is always another back up thats will show it.

We have had many here and beleive me we have retreived every one of them.

Ill ask Suprareyrey to post here. He is a Serv. Advisor for us here at BMW
Depends.

If you have access to the proper scan tool it can be erased. Plenty of N54s out there with JB without problems.

· Banned
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So your going to mod your womens car? rofl.
why not? i drive it just as much as she does. hell she flys jets for a livin i am sure she can handle an extra 100hp no problem. she drove my tt 300z that was way over stock, she drove my turbo miata. there is no hesitation in modding the 335. i am however looking forward to it. i love this car for some reason. bmw hit a home run with it on every level. mine is a premium and sport pack model. hard top convertible and trip tronic. i will never own a manual after getting used to trip tronic cars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.