Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bottle Fed Power
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an idle problem for a while now and have done countless hours of research on this site for answers. It turns out my spark plugs were in properly gapped. Now that I fixed the problem, or so I think, the idle will bounce a little while its warm. Somewhere between 500 RPM and 1100 RPM. Its not constant but when it does this there is a puff type of sound coming from the exhaust (just a sound no smoke). It used to die at warm idle before regapping the spark plugs but now it just does the above. I was wondering if this is normal. A couple things though, one - I took apart my MAF and found no foil or screen there at all like others describe and two - I used Carb Cleaner to clean out the manifold side of my throttle body, so it ran at really high RPM at first but is back to the normal range again. And for the title, when I put everything back together and let it warm up and idle there is a sharp whistling sound that goes away shortly. I have searched for vacuum leaks all over the throttle body and intake piping from the filter to the TB and found none. Any help would be appreciated and if this has been answered before I am sorry but I didn't find it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
479 Posts
if you think you have a vacume leak, start the engine and let idle. Spray a mist of carb cleaner around hose sections. if Idle goes up then you have a leak. If not then no leak. ( this way if you have a leak, it will suck the carb cleaner and rev higher)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts