Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm almost certain at least one of my turbos is dead (crappy boost)...but i can still hear a whistle and no death whine? i checked for blatantly dislocated ic/vsv hoses...no such luck. i also tried the soapy water spray to find a boost leak...couldn't find jack. any other ideas?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
boosting

if i try to floor it before 3.5K, it'll choke abit...and i won't feel much boost all the way up the rpms. if i ease it up and put some gas in after 4K (it's already started to whistle)...it'll get a weak but steady boost afterwards...so weak though, it feels like a naturally aspirated car.

any ideas on leak searching...the soap didn't work for me.

·
3,148 Posts
It is probably a bad VSV. Do the TTC (where you wire the actuators open. This will confirm if it's a VSV or vacuum hose. If it boosts than you know it one of those two. If it doesn't get better than you know it's either your turbo, BOV, or an itercooler hose.

Later, Steve

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
You almost certainly have a boost leak...

They're hard to spot sometimes (the ENTIRE pipe doesn't have to come off for a leak to occur).

Take off the lower plastic guard underneath the intercooler/radiator and buy a new set of clamps for all your intercooler hoses. (Everything from the turbos to the throttle body).

Clamp those down and see if that fixes it... if you're absolutely sure that your hoses are good, look at the vacuum tube routing diagram on the underside of the hood (I know, i know, it's a hairy mess) and make sure everything is in place...

Good luck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts