Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody off of here? Took the girl and the Miata to Bengie's Drive-In outside of Baltimore last night and spotted you. Didn't bother to stop and say hi as the movie had started as I was walking back from the concession stand.

To anyone else, stop by and support the place! If you have never been to a Drive-In, it's a great way to catch a flick. They have the largest screen on the east coast and you tune in on your radio (FM) for the audio. You can also bring a lawnchair/boombox and chill in front of your vehicle. It's nice to be able to kick back in car, adjust the seat, and relax (smoke too!) without anyone kicking the back of your chair. Movies start at sunset (~9pm) and you get three flicks for $8 a person. The concession stand has everything from chicken sandwich subs to Starbucks (and is pretty reasonably priced). They have the usual intermission for piss breaks as well as some classic advertisements for concessions along with a few humorous clips shown during a 50's Drive-In experience. We made it through "Cars" (funny ass movie) and "RV" last night (pretty good too). We didn't stick around for X-Men, the last feature, as I didn't want to roll home @ 3am. Here's their website for anyone interested:

http://www.bengies.com/

Take care,
Ryan

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Damn, I didn't even know that drive-in movie theaters were still around, heck i'm going to head up there one of theses days with my truck.....

vnt :)

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alex D said:
How did you get comfortable in the miata? I can barely fit in that thing. :lol:
Try driving a Miata topdown (V8 and loud, no less) from Palo Alto, CA to Virginia Beach, Va. That's a fun way to acclimate yourself to the chassis. :ugh2:

So sitting in one for four hours is a cakewalk.

Honestly, I probably have more time behind the wheel of a Miata (this is my 3rd one) than any other car I've owned. If a car can have a "soul", they do.

They have starbucks? I guess my next date and I will check it out
They have prepackaged frappacinos (sp)/doubleshots. Not a full fledged shop on site. Your "next" date? Don't you have to have a first to have a next? :lol:

Ryan

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vntperformance said:
Damn, I didn't even know that drive-in movie theaters were still around, heck i'm going to head up there one of theses days with my truck.....

vnt :)
I know, they are few and far between. The last flick I remember seeing at a drive in (from the backseat) was Brewster's Millions....lol.

They do have a section dedicated to trucks. Most of them back in and drop the tailgate.

Ryan

·
HIGH OFF BOOST
788 Posts
:bigthumb: Thanks ryan23 i was just talking about a drive in didnt know we had one in MD :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Alex D said:
Well that sucks, nothing beats a frozen caramel frappacino. Just had my fun tonight chasing down a new C6, and LS2 GTO, a LS1 Firehawk, and a LS1 SS. Saw them traveling in a pack in towson and they all wanted a piece of me. It was no contest even with me at 15psi vs them. The mighty LS1 and LS2 goes down :D

jesus hand built all 2jzgte's, that is why the LS powered vehicles lost...

drive in theatres are great unfortunately they closed the one here locally last year...When I went for a ride in the miata, ryan touched my leg more then once, but I *think* he was jus grabbing the shifter I hope anyways :) def a tight fit for all 6'3" 210lbs of me!

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Bengie's is the shit! I just saw X3 there.

For anyone that doesn't know (another random fact about Ryan to go along with his driving comfort), Ryan's voice sounds identical to one of Marge Simpsons sisters (anyone have a sound clip?)

Maybe we should have a supra meet at Benjie's? And see if we can get them to play car movies all night, how dope would that be?

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
You got a web link for the place? I just went to my first drive in Friday night in lower delaware. Cool experience and cheap. I would be anxious to try other places. The one in delaware is www.dsdit.com

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jim - You got E-mail!

Brad - You're a tool :wtflol:

Rob - Jesus may have built the 2J but the mighty LSx was touched by God :1poke: The same being who you felt pulling on your leg in the Miata (cause it sure as hell wasn't me!). Maybe it was almost your time to go but the Miata just couldn't lose enough grip to hasten your demise?

97JZA80 - Check out Bengies @ http://www.bengies.com/Home.asp

The owner is a little nutty. He sounds like Jerry Lewis on crack and never fails to jump on the mic in between flicks. It's a great theater though. The old school intermission clips are funny.

Doesn't look like any flicks playing this week that I want to see. I will def be there next week if they show Clerks II. If not, off to Muvico...

Ryan

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Damn....where all you people been? Living under a rock?. Bengies has been there forever! And Matt....still waiting to even see yoru car or go for a drive etc. Guess your too busy with the wife and posting :) :1poke:

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Haha, I try :D

We need to get together before you go out of state, I know it won't be that much further away, but I'm near Columbia a lot more then VA

I have a new cell number, again, I'll pm you with it, as I don't think you have this one

Ryan23 said:
Brad - You're a tool :wtflol:

·
JetFire
5,417 Posts
As sad as it sounds I've never been to a drive in movie :tear: I'll have to check this place out sometime. Let me know if you guys have a meet there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts