Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to have to be posting this, but does anyone know of the white MKIV that got T-boned by a SUV today. It happened right near TPS. My cousin called me I guess shortly after it happened. Unfortunately by the looks of what he saw....he doesn't think the person inside the car made it.
From what he could tell of the car, it was white with a body kit and a personalized tag that read 53x hp.
Hope everything is ok and that it looked worse than it actually was.

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
:ugh2: NO!!!!! By the sounds of your description license plate, it sounds like Raymond Yeo's car... He has a greddy sticker along the side, euro hood scoop, single T etc... I really hope it wasn't him, but he's got a license plate that says 550RWHP and his mkiv is white, fits his MO... He's an Asian guy 40+ years old, kids and all... he also lives in West Palm, please find out any info you can. I really hope/pray that if it was him, that he's ok, he was one of the old school mkiv guys.... Keep us posted!!!!

Dan

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
GT-4, can you confirm his condition?

Thanks,
Dan :(

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Did the car have a veilside kit on it and Speedline wheels ? 3-4 years ago my first Supra experiance was a friend Noi who had one in Port Charlotte, he later sold it to someone in South Florda, same car ? Best wishes to the owner.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am sorry guys, that s the man you are talking about and he did not make it, the family in the SUV did ok though, We all have to be careful with our cars, we have one of the most powerful cars on the road, it could happen to anyone of us. My heart goes out to his family and friends, it was instant. I know he was a Dr at the VA hospital.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2005/04/10/s3c_wpbfatal_0410.html

Souped-up car blamed in fatal crash

Sunday, April 10, 2005

WEST PALM BEACH — Raymond Yeo's license plate said it all: 563-HP. 563 horsepower.

He had a love of giant engines that may have sped him to his death Saturday.Police say the Lake Worth man gunned his turbocharged Toyota Supra as he left a specialty garage. Yeo lost control of the car just a block away and crashed head-on into a Chevrolet Suburban carrying six people.

Yeo, 56, died at the scene. The Suburban occupants — three adults and three children — suffered mostly bumps and bruises. One adult with a broken arm required surgery, police said.

The 11 a.m. accident, just south of Belvedere Road on South Dixie Highway, blocked the road as police investigated.

Hours later, they took Yeo's body from his car, removed his valuables and loaded the body into a van.

Karl Seifel, a traffic homicide investigator, said he believes Yeo's Supra was at fault in the collision. "He was definitely pushing the gas," Seifel said.

Witnesses said they saw the Supra begin to fishtail before it swerved into the oncoming Suburban.

Jaime Boss, 24, an employee of a tire store nearby, said the Supra sped up too quickly after leaving the garage.

"It's a matter of having respect for the power of the motor, because the rear-end will just break loose," Boss said.

Yeo had just left Total Performance & Service, a garage where cars are transformed into racers. Owner Mary McCollum said Yeo had come in the morning to check out a computer system.

She described him as polite, proper gentleman. He was on his way home to do painting his wife had asked him to do, she said.

McCollum heard the blowoff valve blast as Yeo sped away.

"I tell the 18-year-olds: Keep it off the streets. Take it to the track," McCollum said. "Maybe I should tell the older guys too."

A Yeo family member was too upset to comment.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
wow, thats just terrible.

You gotta really feel for the family.

just goes to show why some wives dont like their husbands super cars. :( :sad:

heart goes out to the family

-joe :run:

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
wow... damn this is so sad :( my prayers go out to his family and friends

RIP Raymond Yeo.

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,229 Posts
sad to see something like this happen RIP

·
Registered
807 Posts
My condolences and deepest sympathy to the family and all who knew him.

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
That is very sad to hear, I never had the oppurtunity to meet him but I did see him driving around one day while I was in the West Palm area.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts