Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
I don't even know him but this really makes me feel terrible. Best wished to his family and friends. RIP Yeo.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go to all the families . I don't know how to explain it but I just feel really bad for him and the family.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well, I had the opportunity to meet Raymond for the first time on Saturday, We had been previously talking prior in the week about my interest in his greddy manifold, and his old G-force ECU as Lance as he told me installed an AEM on his supra ! I had just literally breaked bread with this great gentleman as we are both from the caribbean and i share some fried dumplings I had with him after feeding my son ! He was very appreciative, down-to-earth, humble, honest, as i completely felt comfortable with purchasing anything from him as you could immediately tell this was a stand-up guy with the utmost integrity ! As he showed me the things he got on the passenger side floor that he got to go painting with his wife and I told him my situation w/my wife you could tell the love/bond he has with his wife just by how highly he spoke of her ! He invited me to openely go through and check out the Greddy manifold and G-force ECU, he showed me a dyno sheet and the spec sheet on the G-force ECU as he is the original owner and I immediately ran over to the ATM and gave him a deposit on the G-force ECU ! We talked for a little bit more and I complimented him multiple times as his supra was one of the cleanest most tastefully done cars i have layed eyes on ! He told me it was a pleasure meeting me and that i should keep in touch and meet up at the end of the month, again he thanked me for the fried dumplings as we touched fist together just like we do back home in the islands as he got in his car to leave ! I watched him pull of and I turned around walking back to the shop I hear something go boom and my heart dropped ! As I immediately turn an run to see if it had anything to do with Raymond, I saw but could not believe (still can't) what happened ! The type of vibe I got from this great man was the type of person/personality many of us could only wish to aspire or grow/mature into ! He spoke highly of Roger of Japtrix and Lance of Toyomoto as they were instrumental in helping him achieve the level that his supra was at ! However besides all of that the one person I want to know how Raymond inspired me was his wife, not about the cars, but about his intent/desire to go home to be with her, as it made me feel the same about my wife ! If anyone knows the family/wife (especially), please extend my deepest condolences or PM me with any mailing adresse etc. so i can send/relay that personally ! I am pouring out my heart/very brief meeting/aquaintance with raymond on the forums becuase in the very short time we spent talking/sharing etc he has inspired and affected me (positively) more than some people i have known for years, thats the kind of man Raymond is to me !

·
Registered
405 Posts
wow.. i never met the guy but this sucks.. hope his family is ok... guys we have to remember that this hobby is very dangerous.. we are building our cars to do what they weren't meant to do... man this sux..

Mike

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
As i stated before, Raymond & I knew one another from way back in the days on the MKIV.com list. We spoke many of times when i worked at Toyomoto and he would come by to visit lance and the rest of the guys when he was in the area. Pass1914, you are correct he's a very family oriented individual. Always willing to talk about cars, culture and especially family!!!!! Raymond will definitely be missed... Although we hadn't crossed paths in about a year or so, i will definitely miss Raymond and his infatuation with high performance stickers as well as the supra :) ... I am at a loss for words today, and extend a warm hearted hug and prayer to Raymonds family :hug: ... He will be missed!

Thank You,
Dan

·
Registered
979 Posts
i have met Raymond many times over the years....over at toyomoto and at moroso...most recently i saw him at the NHRA import race last weekend...
you could not say it any better than pass 1914...Raymond was a stand up person...besides cars ..in life..the man was everything you would hope to be.
I wish his friends and family my condolences.... I and many many others will miss this incredible man.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I have meet him as well, very nice guy I can't believe this happend :( so sorry RIP raymond :(

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
wow....i saw this thread yesterday and was hoping that this was not true when someone said they thought the accident was too bad for anyone to walk away from. I am extremely sorry for the family, as Raymond sounds like the type of guy that everyone wants/should be friends with. This is way too unfortunate. My prayers go to him and his family. May he rest in peace.

Nick

·
Just an old *******
2,550 Posts
Tragic is the only word that comes to mind. Coming to mind over and over for the past 24 hours. Raymond was indeed a very genuine individual. Never anything but the perfect gentleman. Always willing to share his experience and learn from the experience of others. We had visited with him at the NHRA event as well and I hadn't really expected to see him at the shop yesterday morning. As he left he waved and promised to meet us at the Jet Truck Nationals in a couple of weeks saying he was going home to take care of the "Honey Do" list his wife had waiting for him. I heard him pull away, I heard the BOV as he lifted, and the next thing I heard was Errol telling me to call 911. They (my crew) wouldn't let me go to the accident site. We stood by and watched and waited all day as the officials did all they had to do.

You guys be careful out there. I know we all want to make super cars, but everyone on the streets know the power is there under our hoods; we don't have to show them that on the street. That's why they have drag strips.

Raymond will be sorely missed by everyone, but especially by his greaving family. Our greatest sorrow cannot match theirs right now. Our hearts and prayers go to them this day and the long strange days to come.

Thanks for letting us know you, Raymond.

Mary and the TPS crew

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Man this sucks. Sorry I had to be the bearer of bad news....:(
My condolences to his family and to those who knew him personally.

·
Registered
396 Posts
oh my fucking god.....Raymond was a good friend of mine...we talked for hours at the various local shops about everything that is this culture and lifestyle.....his smooth intelligent voice will be painted on my memories forever.....this is bringing tears to my eys.....oh my god.........rest in peace raymond...we love you!!!....i just saw him ath the show last weekend at moroso...truely an authentic enthusiast by every definition....my thoughts and prayers are with him and his.......GODSPEED Raymond..GODSPEED!!!!

G

·
I couldn't believe it when they called me and told me this.. I've known him for years.. when i used to work at Dynamic Turbo Miami.. he would come in and always with a smile.. shared stories.. lunch..etc... i have an empty feeling in my stomach right now.. i saw him not to long ago.. he came to Lujan motorsports with Lance to dyno.. and when he saw me there he was like "Pablo!!!'' with a smile on his face.. "where have u been??"... as usuall we talked for a while as Lance was tuning his beast.. He will be missed... R.I.P. Raymond.. my heart goes to your family :hug:

Pablo
Lujan Motorsports.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I concour with Pablo. I met Ray in Toyomoto a few weeks ago and spoke to him for hours everything NOT about cars. A outstanding guy. Holy chit looking at the picture just turns me inside out. My thoughts goes to his family and close friends and hope they cope with this. I sadly remember now when he left Toyomoto when I met him "we talk mon, lata ok". Im like yeh mon, go on rude boy. Oh shit.

RIP

Rey

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I never got the privilage to meet him but it sounds as if he was a valuable memeber of the Supra community, and an all-around good person as well. I feel deeply for the familly and friends as they deal with this loss.

21 - 40 of 116 Posts