Supra Forums banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
RIP Ray.

Supradedupra,
A six point cage is designed for roll over protection. It's not going to do much for side impact and or mainly street type accidents that may occur. If anything it will increase the chance of getting hurt due to impact from the cage especially during a side impact. There are cages designed for side impact but it's impractical for a daily driver mostly because it requires you to complety gut the door's interior.
Probably you should take some type of driving course and learn to respect the power that you're in control of.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You need to see Irish Mikes car that hit the wall, it wasn't a rollover and that cage saved mikes life period. Maybe I'll go down there a take a picture of it for you.[/QUOTE]

Hitting a wall is different to a side impact. I also have seen on more than one occasion one of which a friend died in because the cage made contact with his head and crush his legs. Of course if he were wearing a helmet and had a proper 5 point harness to protect him that might have been a different story. A six point don't have enough bars to protect you from a major side impact.. Ever seen a Nascar or a Circuit race roll cage?
Anyhow this thread is not the place to discuss this. You guys should start a new thread.

RIP Ray.

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
That sucks for his family. RIP

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
my thoughts to his family . he sounded like a great guy. i would have liked to have met him.

steven

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
Cmon guys!!! Out of respect for Raymond, take it to email, PM or create another thread!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Dan

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am new to the Supra community and I am really sad to hear this happen.... Condolences go out to his family and friends.... This could happen to anyone even veteran drivers, and think we underestimate the power of our cars, so please be careful on the roads...It is sad to see a supra like that but it's even more sad to see a fellow supra lover hurt.... Best wishes to all

·
Registered
733 Posts
Wow that is horribly tragic I didn't know him but that is horrible..prayers for his family. It does make me a tad less sad that the suv did not run a redlight or something though. RIP

·
Working Hard for Stroker!
215 Posts
RIP sorry to hear something like this... Raymond

101 - 116 of 116 Posts