Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this topic is covered. I tried searching but can't find a clear solution. I got a puff white smoke with smell of fuel coming out of my exhaust. It's only happen when my engine is warm and I'm driving it or reving it. The size of the puff of smoke is depend on how long I stay at idle. If I stop at a red light long then the smoke is bigger. If I make a quick stop then very little comes out. I did compression check and the motor is fine. Could it be the Turbo seals or blown turbo since I can't hear my second turbo kick in and I have massive stutter/backfire once rev past 4500rpm. I'm kinda scared right now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
combustion yields water vapor.... hence steam... i think your paranoid

white smoke can be caused by:
coolant
-head
-throttle body
leaded gasoline
-if ya pour it in there

blue smoke can be caused by:
oil
-head gasket
-valve stems seals
-turbo seal
-pcv valve

black smoke can be caused by:
fuel
-running excessively rich

btw... compression tests tell you very little... try a cylinder leak down test

finally.. did this start happening recently? is it intermittent? does it happen on certain days (weather affected?)... does it happen at all boost levels? all rpm ranges?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anotherkidyouown said:
then why did you buy a supra??
I buy the car because I like it. Thanks for the smart comment. I'm here to ask for help not to get bag on. Anyways I'll take it to the dealer and have it fix.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Dealers suck and are going to rape you. Post in Cal section and I'm sure someone local can help you out and save you $$.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
mike91t said:
Dealers suck and are going to rape you. Post in Cal section and I'm sure someone local can help you out and save you $$.
Let me tell you, there are some "Supra shops" here in LA that will bone your wallet faster than a dealer. You get to know your guys at the Toyota dealer and they will treat you well and you get a guarantee.

If you need a hook-up, PM me

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the offer dude. Guys here are great, I have a couple of people offering to help me out. Thanks guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts