Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime i start my car, i have white smoke come out the exhaust pipe, i start the car every 1 or 2 days, i dont really drive the car, but i do start it, i no it could be the moisture that always builds up in the exhaust...but white smoke everytime?...what could be my issue here

·
Supra teacher 101
613 Posts
White smoke= Coolant burning

·
Registered
689 Posts
white smoke can be steam, which means it could be built up moisture. how long do you leave the car running and does it continue to steam or smoke after its been running?

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ yeah it could be either... does the smoke smell bad? if so its coolant

·
Registered
689 Posts
yeah if its got that lime-sweet stank to it, its probably coolant

·
Registered
218 Posts
thats pretty much an early sign of a bhg.... start saving some money if you want to stop it.

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
Its not a BHG its just moisture in the exhaust because all your doing is idling your car. A good run out will clear it right up.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ that may be it.. try driving your car a little, see if it goes away.

iheart6bangers said:
yeah if its got that lime-sweet stank to it, its probably coolant
nice way of putting it!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but every 2 days i start the car? i may not drive my daily driver for 2 days and it doesnt smoke like the supra does, maybe its because my daily driver is an 01' and the supra is an older car.....i dunno guys, i really cant drive it around to much right now, tags are out, not registered, and no insurance, all in processing tho, think you guys could tell if i had a video of it?

·
Registered
689 Posts
exhaust will have an odor remember, youre looking for the right kind of odor. Hey show us a video, i wonder now how thick the smoke is and how white. It doesnt sound too serious to me. Also retorque your head. if it is a minor start to BHG maybe retorque will snuff it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
sure as hell isnt a BHG. to me anyways. if it was blown, it would continue smoking. and it would be thick white smoke. that just looks like steam.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts