Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really really really reallly want that bumper...

Ive talked to them about 5 months ago and cant remember to much about what they said. Guess ill have to call back.

But if my crappy memory is correct, it takes like 5 weeks? to get the bumper after you pay for it? Also i think i remember some one saying that they needs to be sanded and filled a little before they can be ready to paint?

all in all i guess what im saying is those of you that have bought them frome MVP how long did it take and what shape was it in.

I was also wondering if MVP is the only place to get this. I searched for a few min and came up with nothing so im guessing it is.

·
Not compensating at all
164 Posts
I bought mine from Dusty a long time ago and it was in great shape (expected nothing less). I can't remember the time it took to get to me, sorry. The guy who painted it didn't say anything about having to fill and sand it. 5 weeks isn't that bad considering that it's got to be shipped from England, you can always pay to get it shipped VIA air (expensive though).

·
Inline for the win
6,401 Posts
I would also like to know this information about this bumper since i did booboo to my Bomex 2'lite. Damn driveways.
:mad:

·
Inline for the win
6,401 Posts
Ryan,
Not to be an ass, but no one in Ohio has that bumper and I have seen more bomex front bumpers and Rmm lips that causes so much confusion when people see one of these MKIV's on the street. I get blamed for soo much shit and personally sick of the bumper.

Plus, its cheaper than the Top Secret and Jun.

·
Premium Member
5,959 Posts
Haha, yes Kerr that is the bumper I have.

Suprafied, I was just kidding. As far as driveways, watch out with the Whifbitz, I have less than 4" clearance, but my cars does sit fairly low. I'm working on a metal guard/undertray/splitter to protect the bumper. (Marcus built one too.) And everyone and their Mom has a TS these days. Plus the Whiffin is a little more tasteful in my opinion and doesn't stick out as far.

FYI, more pics can be seen at www.rsasupra.com and the photo album linked there.

·
Inline for the win
6,401 Posts
Ryan,

Do I see carbon fiber on the lower lip of that front bumper?

It appears to be from the pic of the entire front end. Plus, that Greddy 3-row looks HUGE compared to my 3-row in my Bomex front bumper.

·
Premium Member
5,959 Posts
Suprafied said:
Ryan,

Do I see carbon fiber on the lower lip of that front bumper?

It appears to be from the pic of the entire front end. Plus, that Greddy 3-row looks HUGE compared to my 3-row in my Bomex front bumper.
Yes, one of a kind thank you. :D

I lowered the 3 row 3" to fit the bumper mouth. It just took spacers and a longer coupler on the passenger side pipe in the fender. The 4 row sits that low because it is too thick to fit up in the re-enforcements. So the TB side piping is plenty happy sitting lower.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought that intercooler looked bigger mine as well.

What other bumper you all think will look good. I dont want a fast and furious looking stuff. the reaons i like the wiff is because it almost looks stock with just a huge hole for the intercooler.

·
Lets go Nets
3,774 Posts
very nice bumper.

I hope to see more of these rolling around besides the Veilside.

Brett

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.