Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really really really reallly want that bumper...

Ive talked to them about 5 months ago and cant remember to much about what they said. Guess ill have to call back.

But if my crappy memory is correct, it takes like 5 weeks? to get the bumper after you pay for it? Also i think i remember some one saying that they needs to be sanded and filled a little before they can be ready to paint?

all in all i guess what im saying is those of you that have bought them frome MVP how long did it take and what shape was it in.

I was also wondering if MVP is the only place to get this. I searched for a few min and came up with nothing so im guessing it is.

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
I bought mine from Dusty a long time ago and it was in great shape (expected nothing less). I can't remember the time it took to get to me, sorry. The guy who painted it didn't say anything about having to fill and sand it. 5 weeks isn't that bad considering that it's got to be shipped from England, you can always pay to get it shipped VIA air (expensive though).

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
I would also like to know this information about this bumper since i did booboo to my Bomex 2'lite. Damn driveways.
:mad:

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Ryan,
Not to be an ass, but no one in Ohio has that bumper and I have seen more bomex front bumpers and Rmm lips that causes so much confusion when people see one of these MKIV's on the street. I get blamed for soo much shit and personally sick of the bumper.

Plus, its cheaper than the Top Secret and Jun.

·
Administrator
4,972 Posts
Haha, yes Kerr that is the bumper I have.

Suprafied, I was just kidding. As far as driveways, watch out with the Whifbitz, I have less than 4" clearance, but my cars does sit fairly low. I'm working on a metal guard/undertray/splitter to protect the bumper. (Marcus built one too.) And everyone and their Mom has a TS these days. Plus the Whiffin is a little more tasteful in my opinion and doesn't stick out as far.

FYI, more pics can be seen at www.rsasupra.com and the photo album linked there.

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Ryan,

Do I see carbon fiber on the lower lip of that front bumper?

It appears to be from the pic of the entire front end. Plus, that Greddy 3-row looks HUGE compared to my 3-row in my Bomex front bumper.

·
Administrator
4,972 Posts
Suprafied said:
Ryan,

Do I see carbon fiber on the lower lip of that front bumper?

It appears to be from the pic of the entire front end. Plus, that Greddy 3-row looks HUGE compared to my 3-row in my Bomex front bumper.
Yes, one of a kind thank you. :D

I lowered the 3 row 3" to fit the bumper mouth. It just took spacers and a longer coupler on the passenger side pipe in the fender. The 4 row sits that low because it is too thick to fit up in the re-enforcements. So the TB side piping is plenty happy sitting lower.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought that intercooler looked bigger mine as well.

What other bumper you all think will look good. I dont want a fast and furious looking stuff. the reaons i like the wiff is because it almost looks stock with just a huge hole for the intercooler.

·
Administrator
4,972 Posts
Obviously I chose the Whiffin because I like it the best and it isn't too F&F. But the Do-Luck is very nice, the TS is alright, but it sticks out pretty far and is getting pretty comon.

Some other kit that look nice, but would be damn hard to get at the Explosion.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
very nice bumper.

I hope to see more of these rolling around besides the Veilside.

Brett

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
what kind of IC does REGUL8 have?

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Awwww...you guys wore matching cars. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts