857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED INFO (Updated 7/15/09):

OK, so here is the plan:

Dates: July 31st - August 2nd
Host Hotel: Ramada Oasis http://www.ramadaoasis.com
Poolside Room: Reg. 104.00 - Mention Supra Meet, 85.00 Per night
Standard Room: Reg. 99.00 - Mention Supra Meet, 73.00 Per night

Just mention "Supra Meet" when you book.

1.888.532.4338 to make reservations

Friday, July 31st - Everyone arrive at host hotel around 7:00 PM, get settled in, then we will all go to Indigo Joes to eat, meeting there at 9 PM. They are open till 1:30 AM, so we can just have a good time. I made reservations, so we shouldn't have to wait.

Saturday, August 1st - I reserved the Ozark International Raceway Drag Strip for the Supra Group for 3 hours. $15 to race, $10 to spectate. Gates open at 9:00 - racing starts at 10:00 AM on Saturday, and will race SUPRAS ONLY for 3 hours. Other 2jz-ge and 2jz-gte cars welcome to race too. All other cars, see info about "Street Wars" below. :) I will be bringing trophies for the following winners:

Best 1/4 Mile Time - MKIV Single Turbo
Best 1/4 Mile Time - MKIV Stock Twins or N/A
Best 1/4 Mile Time - MKIII & older
Best 1/4 Mile Time - Other 2JZ Cars
Best 1/8 Mile Time - MKIV or MKIII & older
Best 60 Ft - MKIV
Best 60 Ft - MKIII or older

As soon as we are done racing, the track is having "Street Wars" which we can attend, for no additional cost, so bring your friends who want to come, as they can race here against us. I say the Supras should show our power at Street Wars after we get all our practice on each other. For info about Street Wars, or the track, go to: http://www.ozarkracewaypark.com/.

UPDATE 7/30/09 LOOKS LIKE THEY DON'T HAVE STREET WARS ON THE SCHEDULE ANYMORE BUT WHEN I CALLED MITCH AT THE TRACK HE SAID WE COULD PROBABLY RUN A GRUDGE RACING CLASS (AFTER OUR 3 HOURS ARE OVER) WITH THE BRACKET RACING GOING ON IF WE HAVE ENOUGH CARS SHOW UP.

Sunday, August 2nd - 11:00 AM - Whenever - Show and Shine Car Show - Steak and Shake (South Glenstone) Trophies will be for:

Best Interior
Best Sound System
Best Engine Bay
Best Overall

Anyone have any input? Or does it sound good so far?

· Registered
1,064 Posts
I am down for another meet. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this time.

July works for me, my summer is pretty open so far with nothing too serious planned

We could rent the track if there is enough interest or will there be another midnight madness kinda thing?

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish more people came to this section....I think I'm going to have to post in the General Supra Forums or something like I did last time.

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would come but if you planning it for the forth of july I'd be out in Cali visiting a friend.
I wont be doing it on the forth, as people always have family stuff that day.

· Search Function Master
1995 Supra Turbo 6spd
72 Posts
I'm in as well, as long as work travels don't keep me away as usual. I always miss these meets becuase I'm on a business trip.

· SupraForums Sponsor
4,456 Posts
Emily,

Let me know if you want to have C16 available at the meet and I will bring a drum from KC and drop it off before the event. I am sure I will be bringing the car this year as well and lets hope for no snow this time!! :) Even though we did have snow last year we still managed to have a lot of fun.

What dates will you be shooting for? 17th, 18th and 19th? 24th, 25th, 26th?

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let me know on the date and I would love to come down with a running car now lol. Working on your vid also, just got my ummmmm password for my program.
Sweet!! I can't wait to get my dyno video. :)

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Emily,

Let me know if you want to have C16 available at the meet and I will bring a drum from KC and drop it off before the event. I am sure I will be bringing the car this year as well and lets hope for no snow this time!! :) Even though we did have snow last year we still managed to have a lot of fun.

What dates will you be shooting for? 17th, 18th and 19th? 24th, 25th, 26th?
I'm thinking maybe the 17th evening, 18th, and 19th. That work for everyone? I would need to call the track and see what their schedule is like first before using those dates for sure.

I'm sure there would be people who would want C16, but the track does have race fuel there, which is I believe 110 octane? Don't remember, as I've only used it once.

· SupraForums Sponsor
4,456 Posts
How about the weekend of August 7th if the other weekends do not work for anyone? James...will this be good for you? Ozark International has a Midnight Street something or other on the 8th. Is this something good to go to, or do we want to try and get the track all for ourselves?

If we want the track all to ourselves we need to start a donation list or something to that effect.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.