Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently doing a 1985 toyota cressida with a 1987 7MGTE from a USDM supra, is there anyone who can take my harnesses and eliminate all the excess and just wire up the stuff i need below.

gauge cluster
parking lights
ignition
front electric windows
headlights
parking lights
reverse lights
turn signals

i am not running air cond, heat, radio, rear electric windows, rear defroster, any of those un necasary options/acessories.

i can opt to put somethings on toggle such as fuel relay and headlights if needs be, this is a full track car and i want to be able to drive it a couple miles to the gas station without being pulled over for anything visually not working. please message me asap with what you can do and your rates. previously i was quoted by a guy at $400 but i havent been able to get a reply recently from him.

fife

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
Do it yourself it actually an easy wiring job. There is no real need to remove any Mk3 wiring. You need the C1 plug and the other dash plug off the Mk3 that its. There is probably about 15 wires plus the tach adapter to hook up. Yyou can talk with Jim King at celicasupra.com about his harnesses. he goes by jdk_ii and is usually very busy.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Look into a Painless Wiring harness or contact a local race fabrication shop, they may be able to help. Just weeding out what you don't need from your harness would probably be the easiest way, just pull the dash and interior and start pulling what isn't used anymore. Good luck!

idrivetoys said:
I am currently doing a 1985 toyota cressida with a 1987 7MGTE from a USDM supra, is there anyone who can take my harnesses and eliminate all the excess and just wire up the stuff i need below.

gauge cluster
parking lights
ignition
front electric windows
headlights
parking lights
reverse lights
turn signals

i am not running air cond, heat, radio, rear electric windows, rear defroster, any of those un necasary options/acessories.

i can opt to put somethings on toggle such as fuel relay and headlights if needs be, this is a full track car and i want to be able to drive it a couple miles to the gas station without being pulled over for anything visually not working. please message me asap with what you can do and your rates. previously i was quoted by a guy at $400 but i havent been able to get a reply recently from him.

fife

·
Registered
899 Posts
DIY or pay lots for many hours of work & supplies. You should have just took my wiring write up and gone from there....... eliminating stuff not necessary is easy. Just follow the wires and cut LOL but how much weight do you think that saves you by only removing the unnecessary cowel wiring... If i wasnt good with wiring i would have left the cowel harness intact and just removed the heater stuff & whatever other dash crap you don't want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts