Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if in the wrong section

I am currently doing a 1985 toyota cressida with a 1987 7MGTE from a USDM supra, is there anyone who can take my harnesses and eliminate all the excess and just wire up the stuff i need below.

gauge cluster
parking lights
ignition
front electric windows
headlights
parking lights
reverse lights
turn signals

i am not running air cond, heat, radio, rear electric windows, rear defroster, any of those un necasary options/acessories.

i can opt to put somethings on toggle such as fuel relay and headlights if needs be, this is a full track car and i want to be able to drive it a couple miles to the gas station without being pulled over for anything visually not working. please message me asap with what you can do and your rates. previously i was quoted by a guy at $400 but i havent been able to get a reply recently from him.

fife

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Why don't you just do it yourself? It's fairly easy. Just get a interior wiring diagram for your cressida and the correct year MK3 and a interior plug from a mk3. Match up the wires and your good to go.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LordLo said:
Why don't you just do it yourself? It's fairly easy. Just get a interior wiring diagram for your cressida and the correct year MK3 and a interior plug from a mk3. Match up the wires and your good to go.

i get to the car roughly 2 saturdays a month right now, and i absolutely suck at wiring diagrams, mechanical aspect of things i love, i hate electrical.

fife

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Should be very easy, if you're using a US harness. Really, just a handful of connections you have to make. The 1JZ diagrams at Rick's site, show you which ones to connect wire-by-wire for the 1JZ swap. The charts should help you alot tho.... pay attention to the one that shows how to connect the guages (for the 7M)...use the info to connect to the Cressida guages. That simple.

www.1jz-gte.us

You'll spend forever removing, sending away, paying for, and re-installing your harness. Making these connections should take about 10 minutes.

only ones for you to worry about... at the junction box for main relay and basic power (maybe 3 or 4 wires), then at the dash for the guages, etc (maybe 6 or 7 wires). Connect those and U R golden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts