Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving down to Miami from New York this past week and spotted a White MKIV on I95 near Fort Lauderdale, maybe. It was Thursday night around 8ish. I pull up next to him during traffic and told him that I had one also. I can tell that he thought I was full of shit. I then asked him if he was on Supraforums. He said yes and I told him that I was F1Vendetta. He just says "Oh, you're the prick!". We just laughed and bs'ed for a little as there was heavy traffic. I just found it very funny that I was that well known 1300 miles from home. Anyone on here?

·
Administrator
2,797 Posts
it was me..

Well no not really LOL I do have a white MKIV though ;) did the car have wheels? Racing Harts by any chance?

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
94Silver said:
Well no not really LOL I do have a white MKIV though ;) did the car have wheels? Racing Harts by any chance?
It was raining pretty heavily and didn't notice wheels. It did have a completely stock body though. Really cool guy. I'm not sure of the exact exit but I did see one near exit ~50ish and then what I thought was the same one around 40ish. Could have been 2 different MKIVs. I was in the Enterprise van. :D

·
Administrator
2,797 Posts
Formula1Vendetta said:
It was raining pretty heavily and didn't notice wheels. It did have a completely stock body though. Really cool guy. I'm not sure of the exact exit but I did see one near exit ~50ish and then what I thought was the same one around 40ish. Could have been 2 different MKIVs. I was in the Enterprise van. :D
Yea it was probably the guy I'm thinking about, did he tell you a name? did the car sounded single?

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
94Silver said:
Yea it was probably the guy I'm thinking about, did he tell you a name? did the car sounded single?
No, the car didn't sound single. :D :p He did say a name, but I didn't hear it very clearly. It was right when the traffic let up a bit and he went flying off. I just found it hysterical that I happened to run into a fellow MKIV owner that far from home, by chance.

I still laugh at how the conversation went:

Me: Hey, nice car. I have a 94TT back home.
Him: (sort of rolled his eyes just like I do when i hear something like that) That's nice, where you coming from?
Me: New York
Him: Long ways from home.
Me: Yeah, you on Supraforums?
Him: Yeah (I think he said "of course" after that.
Me: Oh, I'm F1Vendetta on there.
Him: Holy shit. You're such a prick (laughing about it)
Me: LOLOLOLOL Well, nice car none the less.
*** Minor bs *** Traffic lets up

Him: Later
Me: Later.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Exit 50 is right around my area.. but my MKIV is black and I try not to bring it out in the rain. wasnt me hell if i ran into you I would invite you out for a few beers for all the fun you bring to the NE section regarding the scammers! I am a f1ven. fan from way back LOL

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan94TT said:
Exit 50 is right around my area.. but my MKIV is black and I try not to bring it out in the rain. wasnt me hell if i ran into you I would invite you out for a few beers for all the fun you bring to the NE section regarding the scammers! I am a f1ven. fan from way back LOL
Awww, well thanks. I'm the same way. My car has seen rain maybe 3 times in it's life time. I doubt I would have taken you up on the beers though as I was driving for 24 straight hours. I was on my way to Key Biscanne for some business.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Always time for some brewski's although b/c of my age we would have had to find a place that would view age as just a number like i do LOL

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wheresursfl said:
24 hours seems like a great reason for a beer?!? no
The only thing running through my head when I finally arrived to Exit 1, was a bed. I'm still in shock that I made it there and back in 3 days. I didn't bring a map, directions or an Atlas with me either. I just figured that I'd wing it down there.

I was pounding Red Bulls the whole way down there. Yeah, it gives you some energy for about an hour, but you come down HARD after that.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Damn that is a far drive for a 3 day total trip! You must have one hell of a devotion for your job! I will tip my hat to that :)

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan94TT said:
Damn that is a far drive for a 3 day total trip! You must have one hell of a devotion for your job! I will tip my hat to that :)
Actually, someone just called me an asshole on a forum site so I drove to Miami to kick his ass. :D

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Well.. I call that putting in work also! So I tip my hat to that aswell.. from what I saw in that whole baf32 thread I wouldnt put it past you as well LOL :D

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dan94TT said:
Well.. I call that putting in work also! So I tip my hat to that aswell.. from what I saw in that whole baf32 thread I wouldnt put it past you as well LOL :D
Nah, in all honesty, I was helping out a friend. He is a vendor at the Nasdaq open going on in Key Biscanne. He had a lot of stuff to be brought down so I was the one who helped him out.

I would drive down to Miami to beat down an e-thug though. :D

·
11,219 Posts
1st off, wtf am I doing here? I'm so board I'm starting to read posts in the FL section, haha.

I'm a F1 fan too :)

Why didn't you just fly there and back?

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
michaelvanle said:
1st off, wtf am I doing here? I'm so board I'm starting to read posts in the FL section, haha.

I'm a F1 fan too :)

Why didn't you just fly there and back?
Unfortunately, airlines don't let you take 1800lbs of stuff with you on a flight. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts