Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install a set of MB quarts, i forget the size, but i think that they are 5.25" - I know ryan used to make brackets, but i haven't been able to get ahold of him. Who else is making a bracket nowadays? I'm looking to pay like 50 bucks or so if possible. Let me know if you guys know of anyone or if you can make me one.

email - [email protected]
AIM - joesupra914

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks but he said he couldn't do any for me. Anyone else?

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
There was another guy making them. He bought ryans brackets and appeared to be inferior so he got some lexan and made his own. He sells them to. He has a thread in this section too. Sorry, cant remember his name

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TT Tercel said:
There was another guy making them. He bought ryans brackets and appeared to be inferior so he got some lexan and made his own. He sells them to. He has a thread in this section too. Sorry, cant remember his name

I remember that now, Anyone know this guy??

·
Registered
202 Posts
He doesn't make them anymore, I tried that too... At this point is there actually anyone out there on the forum that still makes speaker brackets? I'm in a similar boat wanting to get some made and having a hard time finding anyone that has experience making some for the Supra.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Given the right tools and enough time, sure I could make some. But neither of those are available. I would have thought for such a specialty car thats been around for so long there would be an abundance of speaker bracket makers out there. Especially since these are some of the worst designed doors for easy installation that I've ever seen. Its kinda thrown me for a loop that very few people are making Supra specific brackets/boxes.

If worse comes to worse I guess I'll start calling up shops but that's probably going to get pricey fast.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SupraDupra_17 said:
Out of what material?
wood, cardboard, lexan, i dont really give a shit. i just need some speakers.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
theres got to be someone who can help me out...

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
theres got to be someone who can help me out...
If you're that desperate, I can probably make you some out of wood. All I'm gonna do though is trace out the stock enclosure and predrill the holes, like I did for mine. I can send you some pics if you're interested.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i just dont have any of the tools to do it myself...i may try some cardboard for now - ahha

ghettofied supra. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can jigsaw some for you... but I have a MKIII so I dont know what size/shape you need.
Ive been making speaker enclousers for over a year now and can cut a perfect braket/baffle out of 3/4" MDF. If you can make a template I can cut some out for you.

·
Registered
274 Posts
you wouldnt need 3/4 mdf for some 5.25"s. way over kill. i would round up a couple of sheets of ABS plastic, and use that. i would love to help, are you still in need of these?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts