Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people told me that I don't even need rear speakers when getting a new sound system for my Supra - they would just damage the sound imaging...

Is this true, and who doesn't have rear speakers w/ their aftermarket system?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't have rear speakers, I did have some aftermarket ones back there but I didn't like the way it made it sound. People talk about having this "rear fill", if you have a good set of front speakers with good power, sound, & imaging you don't need this "rear fill".

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
the basic idea in car audio is you want to have a soundstage, like at a concert. you can tell where each instrument and singer are on the stage, and how far back, left or right, and such. people include rear fill for 2 reasons usually: if done correctly, it can help your front imaging by giving the ambience of a bigger area ie a concert hall, and the other reason is usually to please rear passengers. i dont know about you, but my freinds would be more worried about leg room than my stereo.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So would a set of Eclipse 8062 6" Components up front be good enough? and if I just got the two components in the front - would it be better to hook up the rear stock speakers or just leave them completely disconnected?

thanks

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
what i did in my old beretta, and what i plan to do in my supra, is have some 4" aftermarket speakers in the back driven by my CD player, but have the fader set full forward so they are silent unless i want a surround setup. ill be putting in 6.5" components fairly soon, along with an amp and 2 10" subs, so ill try to post pics of the install when its finished..... i just have to save some money for sound deadening....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts