Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many people have actually taken their mk3 entirely apart and built it back from scratch successfully. Anybody?

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
I thought you ment something else ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i mean like nothing on the car except frame and body, or frame only...

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
There was a guy from the Northeast who had the chassis completely stripped and I believe was repainting it. Haven't seen him post in a while though

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cant you get the chassis strenghted but it cost a crap load of money?

·
Registered
217 Posts
i havent done shit to my car but planning to do the 89+ tail lights, front bumber, full bomex body kit by this christmas + sus. if car dosent start acting up...

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
SupraOfDoom said:
I thought you ment something else ;)
:drag::wackit:

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
I've stripped a few while restoring them. The farthest I've ever taken one down was the second MkIII I did, to which I pulled the engine, transmission, all the electronics, the entire interior, hood, targa, front fenders, wing, hatch, bumpers and all the glass.

The only thing I really left together was the suspension.

Fooking pita, but it's really the only way to get a showroom paint job and nullify all of the gremlins in a well used car.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HMMM I think I can say this for all of us that we all have gone all the way and we took this all in when we spent the first 20 grand HHAHAHAHAHA

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so far ive only spent about 5,100 for the car, parts, and labor, after all those labor charges i now do everything myself

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
sammydafish or something did the most ive ever seen, search for his post on lifting his car up wiht his hands! :0

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One question, anyone have any estimates on how much a full restoration would cost?

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
more than the car is worth.... just look long and hard and you'll find a mint 92 turbo driven by some old lady....

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Thermactor said:
Rajunz sure did a lot with his car...
Yeah, I pretty much took that whole car apart and rebuilt everything on it.

Everyone of us has different goals for our cars, doesn't make anyone of us any less of an enthusiast. My goal was to end up with a brand new MKIII, with good power for the street.

New motor, new clutch, all new suspension, new brake system, rebuilt the entire progressive steering rack, new carpet, new stereo, A/C works perfect, new tires and wheels, I/C piping, etc. It drives like a brand new MKIII, and has a whole lot more power than a new one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts