Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious who has the most rwhp without resorting to a standalone ecu??
I know the stanalon cars typically make 100+ more rwhp

damn, wish I could afford to go standalone now :rolleyes:

·
MkIV Pilot
580 Posts
I think SAFC/Lexus MAF is good for somewhere around 400whp.

Have you thought about a Piggyback?? I dont know too much about them, but they are less expensive than standalone and not as tunable.

I started a thread that was similar to this one, and have decided to just go ahead and do AEM.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah right now I have a AFC2 (not much of a piggy back, still entry level crap)

also have:
Wideband with datalogger to help tune
MSD6 BTM with Blaster coil

but thats it's :dunno:

thinking about chuckign it all for a standalone, but i hear the AEM is such a total bitch to tune........
and with the Haltech I'll need to install another crank trigger

i dunno yet.....
just hoping to make 450-500rwhp

selling my bike, so I should have money for the better tranny since the W58 isn't gonna be too happy after 400rwhp

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
dont see how "typically standalone cars make 100 more rwhp" but I did 480rwhp/430rwtq on VPC/SAFC combo back in october. I'm sure its over 500whp now since I've added a fmic

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rocky28072 said:
dont see how "typically standalone cars make 100 more rwhp" but I did 480rwhp/430rwtq on VPC/SAFC combo back in october. I'm sure its over 500whp now since I've added a fmic
yeah, but you have a vpc too, that definitely helps
not a cheap part either they run for like $500-600 now

nice numbers btw, I'd be very happy if I get the same

·
Registered
119 Posts
I will be runing a MegaSquirt very soon on a NA-T motor. But its taking the guys a while to finish the V3.00 PCB for the EFI. They got the MSII done and sold like 200 units in 7 days or so, now can't get one till August :sad:

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mogallo said:
Who would be doing the installation of the ECU? And who would be tuning it?? There are a lot of people out there that know how to tune AEM well....
I forgot where, think it was some northeast people, they had to fly this tuner in from another state to tune the AEM on a bunch of supra's

yeah it come with a baseline map, but it requires alot of DYNO time with someone very knowledgable to extract the most poential out of the setup

·
Registered
946 Posts
Haltech, sells some very cheap and very good StandAlone.
While the AEM is @ the $1900 range the Haltech is @ the $ 1100 range ,and it comes with it's own harness, and the best thing is that it uses GM type of sensors ,so sensors are cheaper and you'll get a map sensor no more MAF.

·
MkIV Pilot
580 Posts
Ahhhhh that sucks man.... it sounds like its going to cost a lot to get your car tuned if you go with AEM. I think, in the long run, it will be worth it though.

I guess im just lucky, the shop that works on my car is about 12 miles away from my house and knows how tune the AEM very well.

·
MkIV Pilot
580 Posts
ToMuchBoost said:
While the AEM is @ the $1900 range the Haltech is @ the $ 1100 range ,and it comes with it's own harness, and the best thing is that it uses GM type of sensors ,so sensors are cheaper and you'll get a map sensor no more MAF.

My brother actually uses Haltech E6X on his 18psi S/C'd Is300. Its a very good ECU.

The trick with the Haltech is to find a tuner who knows how to work with it.... or just learn it yourself.... There aren't a lot of people out there who are familiar with the Haltech.

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
ToMuchBoost said:
where the hell are you getting that AEM costs $1900??? I think you can get it most places for ~ 1300 and some cheaper.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rocky28072 said:
where the hell are you getting that AEM costs $1900??? I think you can get it most places for ~ 1300 and some cheaper.
best place I found was $1500 online
most places sell it for ~1,700

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
saabturbo1 said:
Just get MegaSquirt!!!! Under $300 if DIY :)
ha
I dunno what to be the 1st one to do it for the NA-T, have you seen that thing,
there's like tons of reading!!! :wtflol:
bad thing about it there's no faq laid out by someone elses install.
it would drive me nuts

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
I plan to run MAP ECU (that's already in the garage) once I get the rest of my turbo set-up and my goals are ~500rwhp at higher elevation.

·
TT This
917 Posts
jeremyhelling said:
I plan to run MAP ECU (that's already in the garage) once I get the rest of my turbo set-up and my goals are ~500rwhp at higher elevation.
Hey Jeremy, what injectors are you running with your Map ECU? I just spent ALOT of time tuning my MAP ECU for my 525cc injectors and I'd be more than happy to Give you my base map for a starter point for you if you'd like. I got it running prety good now, I few lean spots under vaccum and alittle rich under boost but you'd have to fine tune it for your car...MAP ECU= :bigthumb:

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
NinetyFiveNA said:
Hey Jeremy, what injectors are you running with your Map ECU? I just spent ALOT of time tuning my MAP ECU for my 525cc injectors and I'd be more than happy to Give you my base map for a starter point for you if you'd like. I got it running prety good now, I few lean spots under vaccum and alittle rich under boost but you'd have to fine tune it for your car...MAP ECU= :bigthumb:
Those are what I plan to run too. That would be awesome but I'm not sure how well it would work for me at high altitude. What turbo are you running?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts