Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.

I know this a forum like any other, but the majority of the posts always involve broken cars.

Granted, I know car modification is never completely done, but I am sure a lot of you have already (for the most part) accomplished everything they wanted with their supra.

I believe that I have, and the best way to enjoy these cars is to actually drive them.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I certainly accomplished mine before I parted mine out. 500+ rwhp, 450+ rwtq, show winner, fully sponsored, and 3 years of fun w/ some of the best friends that I never would have had if I hadn't gotten into the business.

No regrets and I wouldn't have traded it for anything in the world.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
as soon as i get my car back i should be done, when i first bought the car i sat down and made a list of the parts needed to meet the goals i had.

1. 400rwhp
2. daily driven, pump gas, stock idle, working a/c
recently added to the list
3. under 18psi of boost to make 400rwhp

so far i am on track after i get the ffim, ic, vpc, new turbo on there (car is at the shop with the parts getting finished) thanks to tim @ sp for all the help so far!

G

·
had the car since 97..ran 12's in 98 n then threw a rod..99 planned for 500hp rebuild..06 still no where near completion....now don't care bout 500hp goal..just want to drive it..just don't have time to work on it anymore... :sadance:

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
supranikolai accomplished his goals :)...thats sad that i know that and brag about it...as tha only goal i have achieved is building a 500 horsepower motor...but no shell 2 put it in :(

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
ever since 2003 ive dreamed of a 1jz. I accomplished that but it had blown turbos. Now im chasing 500rwhp on a single 1j, with a total budget of under $10k, thats in the works as of now should be done in a month. My next goal is to drive to and from SILV with no problems.

~scott

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
Pretty much. I've done over 500RWHP in a driver 7M. Ran 11.78 in a full weight MKIII. Turbo'd a 7MGE block with 7MGE electronics. Installed a 1U into one of my MKIII's. However, my goals continue to go higher. Mechanically I have done just about everything I would want to do to either my cars or other friend's MKIIIs. Now I am starting to mess with interior and paint work along with interior electronics (so far done: auto dim rear view mirror with compass, Jap folding mirrors, steering wheel stereo controls). I don't think I'll ever be COMPLETELY done but that is what makes it fun.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
Yeah, I agree /\

My goals change after I meet them.
Once I get a new part, I start thinking about the next part I've been thinking about.

I take baby steps.

G

·
i give respect to everyone in this forum who hit their goals n squeezing every single penny from their pocket as well as blood n sweet from doin their own work....cuz everyone talks about wat they want or wat they've done but never mention how hard it is or was to get there... :)

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
<- never thought I'd actually have a running 1JZ.

I'm currently a single'd 1.5JZ awaiting a new wastegate so I can *hopefully* dyno 500rwhp. I'm still doing atleast 350rwhp @10 psi.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
yea, but I always set the bar higher then.. so no as well :)

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
i haven't reached my goals yet, but i haven't owned the car for a year yet either.. and it's only been running since some time in feb.

my goal is around 450 or so, and right now im tieing up the lose ends before i purchase a turbo to get me there.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Started January 2006, hopefully to accomplish what i want by 2008 the latest. :) 500+ HP Show quality in and out with some bling factor ;)

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Not yet. Started 2 years ago, hopefully done by Summer 07. Of course, my project is huge and expensive. Hopping for 500-600rwhp, full regulus ( got it ), other goodies and secrets :).

·
Fish tacos
818 Posts
Im just getting started. I plan on the full 1j swap, 450hp full standalone recaro interior Basically creating a 2.5 TT R

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Havent really started yet, though I do have an excellent chassis to start with. Rebuilding the engine next year with some better internals, ARP hardware, GT35R based turbo with ~.68 A/R, custom intercooler, both manifolds, MegaSquirt, etc. etc. etc.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
I must say that I am extremely satisfied with my car............the best part is it doesn't break..............but then again I never got caught up in the horsepower wars and started throwing stupid money at it. Thankfully I was able to do all of the work myself, but I've only got just over $12 grand in the entire car. My ultimate goal when I built the car was right at 400RWHP, but mainly to build a very dependable car that takes little maintenance and gets respect for it's looks.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts