Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking cause I'm wondering if it makes a big difference. Also do you NA-T guys find it necessary to do this? I would like to get the LSD, but I want to keep my NA rear end gearing. Does that make sense?

I just test drove my JDM TT Swap today. It's not finished yet, he's just tying up the loose ends. But it was done enough that I test drove it down the street and back. And can I just say, WOW! Those JDM Turbos spool instantly. Also Daveh, that SP Tranny you sold me with that 3800 stall, PERFECT! Love it. It'll kick you in the pants if your not on the throttle. The tach wasn't online yet, and so I couldn't see the RPM's, I was waiting and waiting, then BANG it shifted. Very nice.....

·
!black
4,625 Posts
I've still got my 4.27 NA rear in my car. I'm running in TTC mode, and it rocks! Now, with a lower numerically gearing I'd see more lag, but right now it puts the revs right in the meat of the spool point of the TTC.

I have a auto LSD pumpkin to swap in at some point soon. When do those JDM turbos spool? Glad you got it up and running :)

James

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
begone said:
I'm asking cause I'm wondering if it makes a big difference. Also do you NA-T guys find it necessary to do this? I would like to get the LSD, but I want to keep my NA rear end gearing. Does that make sense?

I just test drove my JDM TT Swap today. It's not finished yet, he's just tying up the loose ends. But it was done enough that I test drove it down the street and back. And can I just say, WOW! Those JDM Turbos spool instantly. Also Daveh, that SP Tranny you sold me with that 3800 stall, PERFECT! Love it. It'll kick you in the pants if your not on the throttle. The tach wasn't online yet, and so I couldn't see the RPM's, I was waiting and waiting, then BANG it shifted. Very nice.....
Very few n/as came equipped with lsd. If you do a search you'll find the thread that denotes the vehicle code for it on the door. As far as adding one though, get the the one for the auto/n/a which will accept your 4:27 ring or the 3:73 from thr turbo auto.

·
11,219 Posts
begone said:
Also do you NA-T guys find it necessary to do this?
Yea, all NA-T's should consider this. I think many are and there aren't enough supplies for the demand. I'm in search of one for a while now, but the market is driving them to insane prices.

I hate doing one-wheeled burnouts. Also taking corners and handling without LSD isn't too nice.

·
Over Medicated
2,700 Posts
You can always order the TRD LSD unit. I didn't really notice much difference after I had mine installed other than the fact I could now leave 2 nice long black strips...:D

·
WilKillya County Sheriff
2,201 Posts
Re: Re: Who here has LSD?

vreaux728645 said:
As far as adding one though, get the the one for the auto/n/a which will accept your 4:27 ring or the 3:73 from thr turbo auto.
It would be easier to just swap the TT pumpkin, unless you want to just have the TRD unit installed.

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Who here has LSD?

Brown Duckz said:
It would be easier to just swap the TT pumpkin, unless you want to just have the TRD unit installed.
Don't forget the TT axles as they are unequal lengths to compensate for the Torsens shape.

·
11,219 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Who here has LSD?

vreaux728645 said:
Don't forget the TT axles as they are unequal lengths to compensate for the Torsens shape.
O man, this is prob another one of them long threads about LSD now. I thought it was just an essential plug and play swap? You just take out your old pumpkin and swap in the auto tt's. What's this about the axles now?

·
WilKillya County Sheriff
2,201 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who here has LSD?

michaelvanle said:
O man, this is prob another one of them long threads about LSD now. I thought it was just an essential plug and play swap? You just take out your old pumpkin and swap in the auto tt's. What's this about the axles now?
I was also under the impression that all it took was just swapping the pumpkin.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have a KAZZ 1.5 way LSD in my 95 n/a,
i do a lot of autox and road racing, with the open diff i never could get the power down a earley as i wonted (exiting a corner) with the LSD you can get in the throttle mutch earlier, and the coolest thing is when you exit a sharp coner just right you can feel the rearend help turn the car through the corner, but you better watch yourself in high RPM becouse she will kick your ass.
anyway, This is by far the best and most fun mod i've done, and I highly recomend it!
I dont see how you could be tubro and not have an LSD!

And about the plug and play thing, I instaled my KAZZ by MYSELF,
you will need a michane shop to press the new bearings on, and the old one off, as long as your current rear end is not Fucked up, the new LSD will just pop's in, no big deal

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to hear that some of you have done this. I just don't want to loose my 4:27's. Like MadMaxx said with that gearing it leaves you in the meat of the boost.

As far as the JDM Turbos spooling...., is happens IMMEDIATELY when you step on the gas. I wasn't expecting that at all, but you hear instant spool. This was one of the benefits of the Ceramic Turbos. It just may tie me over for a while....

So I CAN get LSD and keep the 4:27's???

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yes, you can keep your stock (4:27) just reuse the ring gear on the new LSD ( as long as it's not worn)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts