Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i had to drive my supra today when i notice that the front are hitting metal to metal. so i baught some pads and change it. simple enuff since i have done it countless of times.

then as normal i pump the brake and push on it as hard as i can to see if i need to bleed the system.

that when the brake lost resistance.when i was pushing on it hard something came loose or something. now my brake dont work.

when you pump it the brake works alittle. BUT when you straight up push on the brake like normal braking the brake would only work when you first step on it then it just wouldnt grab anymore.

i i tried bleeding bothe front brake and i the brake fluid dont "shoot :takethat: " out like normal.

am i making sence?

well if you undertood what i said please lmk what you think is wrong with it.

·
Banned, jk lol
3,871 Posts
This happened to my car. Turns out my brake booster had gone bad. I just replaced the brake booster with a lower mileage one, and the problem went away.

-Matt

·
Registered
76 Posts
are you saying that the brakes are just realy hard to push............ if so make sure the car is running, vacume pressure from the intake manifold on your motor helps you push the brake peddle down (what the brake booster does)

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
El Nagro said:
are you saying that the brakes are just realy hard to push............ if so make sure the car is running, vacume pressure from the intake manifold on your motor helps you push the brake peddle down (what the brake booster does)

no no im saying that the brake became SUPER EASY to push... it felt like a stock clutch with air in the system. :scratch:

·
Registered
596 Posts
its probably not building pressure in the system, the only possibilities are booster, and master cylinder. makesure there is fluid in it, and that you dont have a leak in the system. if there is,, then its one of the two previously meantioned

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a_zepeda9236 said:
its probably not building pressure in the system, the only possibilities are booster, and master cylinder. makesure there is fluid in it, and that you dont have a leak in the system. if there is,, then its one of the two previously meantioned

yeah, it was building pressure b4 now its just gone.

sich one is the booster?

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
probaly not the booster, im having the same problem, re did the brakes new rotors and pads, and just pushed the pistons back in, and now i have a soft pedel,

it's either air in the system or not building pressure due to a leak or a bulding/kinked line..

the booster works on a mechanical leverage, and acutaly applies the force to the master cylinder, and all the booster does is create a low pressure on one side and atmophearic on the other, and it will assist in pushing the break pedel further into the master cylinder qith greater pressure then we can adhert. (might be making up words....)

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a_zepeda9236 said:
^ahah. Yea most likely your master cylinder isnt building pressure anymore. try a rebuilt kit, or just buy a new one. http://www.europartsdirect.com/ has new AISIN ones, which is oem, for relatively cheap.

what else could cause for it to NOT build any pressure? im about to pick up brake cylender right now so ill know if its that or not. but in case its not what else could it be?

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok its the master thx guys.

now i just gatta bleed the whole system again :(. i didnt bleed it enuff... brake is way to spongy lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts