Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a quick search for "alternator and drop" and came up with nothing. i saw someone made the drop bracket which places the alternator in the AC compressor position... but thats about it. i KNOW that someone has made/makes just a simple CNC'd bracket which lowers the pivot bolt of the alternator about 3". this is exactly what im looking for. the position of my TB and intake leaves enough room to retain both the alternator and the AC compressor and still use the stock accessory belt routing. the AC system remains unchanged. as for the water pump/alternator, i just have to use a shorter belt.

i need to find someone who has these drop brackets. i have cash in hand and am a motivated buyer!

thanks
chris

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Ron who is on this site.. he also makes long & short runner FFIM

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did a search over at SM and found his thread in the vendor section. i emailed him.

thanks ;)

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
which AC bracket? the one that allows the alternator to bolt into the AC location, or the one that allows you to KEEP the AC in the stock location?

·
Registered
424 Posts
YER MOM makes em....

Hello. There was some kind of issue with the shop that milled them.

Chris, find a local machine shop to make one up.
It should take 10 minutes.

All that is done is a bracket is made that has a tab the same width as the alternator pivot point on one end...and the same dimension as the inner points on the existing alternator bracket on the other. The length is up to you.

Slip a machinist a sandwich on a break and he should be able to do it for you.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey josh, youre a ****... that is all! haha. soo, whats the deal w/ california. werent you supposed to come back down this way?

i read in the vendor thread that his machinest was trying to find someone else to take over the production but i didnt see anything saying he doesnt offer them anymore. i was hoping to just buy one thats prefabbed so i dont have to take measuremetns and figure out all that shit if someones already done the "hard work". i guess, if ron emails me back and says he doesnt have any, then ill have to figure out something on my own.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I keep trying to leave and it keeps sucking me back in. Honestly...after all the shit I am doing to my car right now I'll have to come back.
It will never pass smog and will probably fart fire at random.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so basically its slow and untuned and uses too much fuel? lol... yeah, i feel ya. youll have to come back if you want to see how my new project turns out.

·
Banned
2,712 Posts
flubyux2 said:
which AC bracket? the one that allows the alternator to bolt into the AC location, or the one that allows you to KEEP the AC in the stock location?
The one that allows you to keep the ac and drop the alternator down.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dammit... maybe ill just make my own shit. i dont have time to wait. angle iron, steel tube, drill bits, nuts and bolts... i should be good to go. the cut-off wheel and welder are my friends!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts