Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondeering how many of you kept the A/C with the 1J swap. I am contemplating keeping mine scince I got a clip and have all the parts neccisarry. Do your cars over heat when driving in the hot summer with a/c?. I wonder how much cool air will get to the rad after first going through a 3.5" intercooler, the the A/C condensor then to the rad. Post your experiances.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
I had my AC when i first bought my car. it worked really well.. But I never use it so i tore it out
I never had any overheating problems but I only started usin it in august so it wasn't really that hot.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
I hooked it up on the first swap I did but never charged it.. It is hooked up on my car now and works perfect.. Never overheats and I have a 4" FMIC with dual FAL's.. hth

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
i pulled mine out from the initial swap and didn't look back. I have an HKS type S FMIC and then just pure air to the radiator with the hydro fan. I think the coolant temps are happy.

Trev

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I have A/C. Though I did not do the A/C lines, I think all 1Js should have A/C. It adds finesse to the car and it is not like we can't make enough power to have it. In my opinion, your 1J swap is not "complete" unless you have A/C. The 40 lbs or so that you save is not really worth it if it is your primary car.

If the 7M can put 400 on the ground and have A/C so can we.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So to keep the a/c I need to keep the 7m lines, use either the 7m or 1J condensor, and swap part of the 7m compressor onto the 1j compressor?.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
between all the 7m parts and 1jz parts i couldn't get it to work.i would of have to make one custom line.the 7m condser with 1jz pump and one of the lines off the 1jz.i ended up pulling it all out,waiting to tackle it in the future
keith

1 - 10 of 10 Posts