Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Big D. Moderator
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this boost controller for a few months now, and in most cases it works great, except for 2 things. thre is no "position" markings for the dial, so if you move it, and want to put it back, you have no way to know where it was...
it seems to very VERY much affected by weather.. but im thinking this is more the turbos then the controllers.. on a 70 degree day i get lest boost at a deisred setting then on a 50 degree day at the same setting.

does anyone have an "overlay" that gives it markings such as the profec B? its starting to annoy me to the point of ripping it out and going with a blitch Dual solonoid.
anyone have any comments?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have had the same problem with my stock twins and found out that for full boost crank it all the way. IMO I think that the EZ is very accurate becuase the different temps affect it, showing that the heated air is thin and takes more pressure to open the wasegate, when cold air is dense and should take less pressure to open the waste gate. This is just my idea on how it works unless someone can tell me otherwise. I just go by clock positions like 2,12 and so on.

94TT BPU+
11.62 @ 121.11
No NOS or VPC

·
0 Posts
i was asking this in another tread , is the EZ like the probec b , just knobs turn and no screen to see what #'s you are boosting??? does that make sense?im thinking about getting this EBC

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is just a on and off button and a knob. The face changes red when on and green when off (is this right or is the other way around) It's been to long since I have driven my car. I'm having withdraws.

94TT BPU+
11.62 @ 121.11
No NOS or VPC

·
Registered
904 Posts
Anything I have ever read or heard is that the EZ is the way to go.....I have heard of a lot of people with the Profec who switched to the EZ, personally I run the EZ and I like for its simplicity. I usually keep the dial in the 12 o'clock position and see 18-20lbs. boost with it set there. I think BrianTT is right when he stated that the wastegate is effected by the air temperature but I am not 100% certain. You would probably experience the same kind of variations with the Profec as you do with the EZ when the weather changes. One question that comes to mind is why are most TT owners switching from the Profec to the EZ? It must be a superior e.b.c.?

K

·
0 Posts
Just set the boost controller to you desired high boost and leave the thing off if you want low boost how many boost levels do you need i have the ez and it works great.... do you have degrees of ass whooping youd like to do to a car in a race or just run your safe max boost.... just my thoughts.... Kevin...mine is set at a little over 3/4 and thats at 18 on my ride...

·
0 Posts
OFF the subject, but do any you guys using the EVC EZ have pics of it on in your car, with it lit up?that would help me alot thanks

Z

·
0 Posts
I've been having trouble boosting over 17psi with EZ on dyno even when its cranked all the way (I usually leave it at 12-1 o'clock position)
there no boost leak cuz I preassure tested my system.
whats max boost you guys hold in 3-5 gear? (spike dont count, I want to know # held to redline thanx).

K

·
0 Posts
I hold 18psi all the way to redline with used 80k turbos.... mine is at about 3:30 on the controller i used to get only 14.5 when i had the front cat on that was maxed out on the controller but when i removed the cat it wont boost less than 15psi even with the controller off.... i think it will go to 20psi we didnt know where it was so we got on the highway and did some pulls to adjust it ... i matted the car and my friend put it at 18 after it was like at 21 for a few seconds we backed it down... KEvin...

Z

·
0 Posts
I have never dialed all the way on street, but on 12-1 position I get 18 already. I dont know if its air temperature or my step motor or more possibly stock turbo wastegate thats preventing me from boosting!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
On the street I had the knob turned all the way on stock twins and it would spike 1.5 bar and hold 1.4. With wide open wastegate the twins would hit the same boost levels.

94T78
BPU+ 11.62 @ 121.11
No NOS or VPC

Z

·
0 Posts
1.4bar is about 20psi so I guess I'm not far off.
18 psi will do, plus, I found stock turbo to overheat when boosting over 16psi....EGT shows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts