Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here know how to convert these wires? 89Cressida Auto 87-88 Supra Turbo auto. Maybe some of our Supra guys DownUnder might know this.

·
I've been here forever.
2,555 Posts
Contact Roan, he is SPEED_NYC on the boards in the NE section, we are doing the entire swap on a cressida right now, we have the full wiring diagram at the shop.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to send him PM but this box is full :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I need the same thing i know this was posted a long time ago but im have a 90 cressida wich has the gray plugs but the swap i bought came with yellow plug ecu and harness i need to know how to make this work

·
7M Fanatic
3,273 Posts
I know what will work on a GTE swap.........
Use the damn GTE ECU & harness !!

Does the Cressida have any sort of boost timing retard programed into it ?
No Way !
Does the Cressida have 2 knock sensor imputs, like what Toyota thought the GTE needed ?
Nada !

I see a blown 7M in your future.
Then you can join all the 7M haters, and put in a one jay zee.
Try running that off a 7MGE ecu, and you will blow that up also.

·
Con Clavi Con Dio
1,266 Posts
I think you may be better helped over at JZXproject. they are a bunch of really helpful nice guys that will tell you EXACTLY what you need to do. Good Luck with swap.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
I know what will work on a GTE swap.........
Use the damn GTE ECU & harness !!

Does the Cressida have any sort of boost timing retard programed into it ?
No Way !
Does the Cressida have 2 knock sensor imputs, like what Toyota thought the GTE needed ?
Nada !

I see a blown 7M in your future.
Then you can join all the 7M haters, and put in a one jay zee.
Try running that off a 7MGE ecu, and you will blow that up also.
Quoted for EPICNESS......

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
7M POWER
146 Posts
There's nothing wrong with an 87-89 7MGTE. 1 is getting ready to post in @ # 6 once I post the dyno chart and maybe higher when regular E85 in the summer comes into play for CHI2K12, instead of the E70 that it was probably running on in December.

And talk to tweaked performance he does whole harness conversions, jumper harnesses. Also a mod on SM and knows the chassis and engines wiring probably by heart.

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
There's nothing wrong with an 87-89 7MGTE. that a 1JZ-GTE won't fix; 1 is getting ready to post in @ # 6 once I post the dyno chart and maybe higher when regular E85 in the summer comes into play for CHI2K12, instead of the E70 that it was probably running on in December.

And talk to tweaked performance he does whole harness conversions, jumper harnesses. Also a mod on SM and knows the chassis and engines wiring probably by heart.
fixed ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts