Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just something I've been wondering about...
ok so my supra is a 1993 premier edition, its got the special badge on the center consol and all that good stuff, I know that means its one of the first to come out but i have been reading different things online and was hoping somebody could clear it up for me. One site is saying that there are only 82 premier edition supras out there. another is saying there are 2000 of them. does anybody know for sure? 82 and 2000 is a big difference.
-andy

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
well... premier edition refers to all 93.5 year Supras right?

There were alot more than 82 Supras built in 93.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was assuming but had seen this other website saying only 82 were made and therefor they are super rare so i was just trying to get it straight

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Anddogg68 said:
thats what i was assuming but had seen this other website saying only 82 were made and therefor they are super rare so i was just trying to get it straight
Mine is serial #1229 and it is a Premier model. Premier, is as far as I know, all of the first year (1993) production of the so called MKIV Supras (in the US 1993-1998). According to the info on MKIV website there were 2819 1993 Supras produced and therefore 2819 Premier Editions of the car.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,913 Posts
93dawg said:
Mine is serial #1229 and it is a Premier model. Premier, is as far as I know, all of the first year (1993) production of the so called MKIV Supras (in the US 1993-1998). According to the info on MKIV website there were 2819 1993 Supras produced and therefore 2819 Premier Editions of the car.
i would imagine these numbers are most correct. if you had rare color/tranny/roof combo, your exact setup up could be 1 of 82 in that year, but there are MANY premiers

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thamks guys. just something i've been wondering about but never really looked into until i was so bored at work today. looks like the one website the guy was just tryin to use it as a "rare car" as a selling point. thanks again though.

·
1,913 Posts
OneJoeZee said:
It is a rare car!
yes, but there were more than 82 made in 1993

dont you have a cali section, Joe? :ugh2:

;)

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
ToyoBeastly said:
i would imagine these numbers are most correct. if you had rare color/tranny/roof combo, your exact setup up could be 1 of 82 in that year, but there are MANY premiers
I agree with what you are saying Chris. For example, according to the charts on MKIV.com, there were only 135 Renaissance Red Twin Turbo 6 speeds with the Sport Roof manufactured in 1993 which is what I have.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
ToyoBeastly said:
yes, but there were more than 82 made in 1993

dont you have a cali section, Joe? :ugh2:

;)
shut up chris. you know you love me.

·
1,913 Posts
93dawg said:
I agree with what you are saying Chris. For example, according to the charts on MKIV.com, there were only 135 Renaissance Red Twin Turbo 6 speeds with the Sport Roof manufactured in 1993 which is what I have.
thanks for posting those pictures, i couldnt find them on my computer. that is what i was basing my information of off

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
My car was one of 412.. but then I swapped to TT and 6spd. It's a hardtop so it's now 1 of 19 :D

lol if only it worked like that :faint:

·
1,913 Posts
SupraTico said:
My car was one of 412.. but then I swapped to TT and 6spd. It's a hardtop so it's now 1 of 19 :D

lol if only it worked like that :faint:
cheater :1poke:

;)

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Mine is one of 75,000 mk3s not running... :lol: :lol:

·
1,913 Posts
selz202 said:
Mine is one of 75,000 mk3s not running... :lol: :lol:
:rofl:

at least you have a sense of humor about it!

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
WOW the most rare MKIV Supra out there is a 1995 Turbo 6 speed hardtop in Alpine Silver. There were only two of them made. Does anybody know if either one of them are still around?

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
93dawg said:
WOW the most rare MKIV Supra out there is a 1995 Turbo 6 speed hardtop in Alpine Silver. There were only two of them made. Does anybody know if either one of them are still around?
Steve Theodore has one.

But those numbers have been proven inaccurate.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts