Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
My TRD Gen 1 cat back is 3.5in diameter which I hear is pretty rare and to me it sounds amazing but I hear its hard to find one now a days.

Good luck I think you might have to go custom for that diameter.

·
Registered
747 Posts
^ You are correct they don't make a Supra exhaust. The OP just wanted infomon a muffler with a 3.5 I.D. Just trying to help him out, PLUS Burns Stainless make top notch products. I'll be running their muffler.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ You are correct they don't make a Supra exhaust. The OP just wanted infomon a muffler with a 3.5 I.D. Just trying to help him out, PLUS Burns Stainless make top notch products. I'll be running their muffler.
Yes, that is correct.. it`s not goint to be installed on a supra.. but since you guys have more high hp cars than anyone, i guess you also knwo these things:)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Try Whifbitz in the UK. They make some quiet catbacks, but if I remember correctly they also sell the mufflers seperate.
You can also try a Tanabe touring, but it's only 80mm.

Good luck,

Casper

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
are you friggin serious???!!! thats one of the craziest things i ever heard, a decibel limit at a track
I've never heard of a track that DOESN'T have a decibel limit. There are a lot of reasons for it, such as keeping noise complaints down from locals and government, allowing people to hear caution and instruction communications, and perhaps most important, preventing drivers and spectators from going deaf. I think 95 is about average for US tracks, but I could be wrong. A popular trick is finding out where the decibel reader is on the track, and driving on the opposite side, as well as (if your setup allows) dumping the exhaust on the opposite side.

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
^Yes, I was, and I assumed the OP was talking about the same kinds of tracks, but I could be wrong, in which case I haven't seen any drag strips in the US with them, or at least not at any reasonable levels. A dB limit still makes sense at drag strips, but the Americana of open runner dragsters trumps any of those concerns.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts