Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of rebuilding my 87 supra turbo. I am having some trouble finding camshafts. I was just wondering who makes camshafts for the 7m motor and if there are any specific companies that are recommended.

·
Registered
590 Posts
:scratch: Never heard of Paeco cams. If you search around your bound to find some. Ive heard of Web Cams doing regrinds. I know theres a couple of stores that carry aftermarket cams, such as overboost.com. They are pretty pricey though. You may want to check the forums to see if anyone is selling any. Also alot of guys have swapped in n/a cams. Just search and youll find everything you need.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
eh. there are no real viable options for cams- the good ones (cut from new billets) are very expensive $1k+. regrinds may work, just hope they use a hard enough steel.....

·
Registered
948 Posts
how long have you been using the summit regrinds

·
Registered
109 Posts
gude makes cams

·
Canada, Eh?
2,403 Posts
colt cams makes custom cams for around $200 each. they are reground stock cams, but they are very high quality. alot of built v8s around here have them. they offer several different profiles for the 7M as well, from stock to race only.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,403 Posts
holy crap... thats big $$. coltcams quoted me US$200 for regrinds for a street/strip setup, but they didnt give me specs... ill ask them for specs, see what they say.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,403 Posts
ok, that US$200 must have been awhile ago.... they replied to me:

"Thank-you, for contacting us.
The one grind we do have runs: 264° .310 Lift
The cost is $550.00 for the pair + tax.
Customer supplies cam cores
If you are interested please let us know a convenient time to reach you or
give us a call at your convenience."

thats CDN$550, so about US$425.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts