Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who really makes the best or great tires. Im looking for more of highway use, and racing from light to light type of tires. Do any of you have any suggestsions? Ive been looking into a few such as pirelli, yokohama, falken, and nitto. What do you guys use on your supras? Thanx

·
In The Sonoran Desert
439 Posts
I guess it depends on what you mean by best. I never drive my baby in the rain, therefore wet traction is not that important to me. I prefer dry traction road noise and wear. My potenzas have lasted many years so I am happy with them

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
bunch of options. i think the top of the top is BFG TA KD, though, here is a list of other good tires

Bridgestone S03 (and s02's), Toyo Proxes T1S, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, michelin pilot sport, pirelli p zero assymmetrico.

555's are decent, i was never overly impressed by them, IMO you can get better for cheaper.

if youre looking for grip vs. money...kumho mx

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
SO-3's

Brett

·
Very Senior Member
10,012 Posts
I think your range is too broad. A good highway tire should have good treadwear, but a sticky tire will not do that.
I like the Kumho in general. The 712 for plain-jane street use. I hope the MX is good at the track.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmm what are your views on yokohama I have had diffrent opinions what do you guys think?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
decent grip (avs sports) some people love them, i wasnt overly impressed...but very bad treadwear from everything ive seen

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well basically Im looking for tires that have a nice grip, decent traction I will drive in rain occasionally but not a lot and good tread. My intrests in racing is just from stoplight to stoplight maybe ill push the limit a little against a foreign car on the highway :D

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
toyo t1s was rated #1 in car and driver recently..

F*UCK those tires (for handling)!!!!

I just finished wearing a set....lost M E G A A A handling in the ass with those whores (compared to the Pilot MXXX3's before those). Suspension all stock on my 94tt (except for the 18" BBS)........

I can't freakin wait to order my new Pilot sports ----> Mich knows what the f*uck they be doing with sidewall strenght ;) ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts