Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which manufacturer make the widest lip rims for the MKIV TT. Looking for rims that will clear brakes with rolled fenders provide the largest lip and patch (wheel width).

Thanks for the input in advance. :bigthumb:

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
you can get a 4-5inch lip with the right offest, anything more than that, you will probably need a wide body kit

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
hes looking for stock bodied......... not widebody

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
CCW's offer a nice lip on them, although I'm sure some of the other custom wheel manufactures can offer you a wider lip. Personally I am more concerned with having the widest tire possible on the back of my car, not how much bling the lips show (wider lips usually have steps in them as well which fool the eye).

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Mine is nearly 4 inches on stock body.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
what about HRE?

I want the biggest lip possible as well as a wide tire on my Supra. I am having the widebody kit installed. I wanted to go with some HRE wheels.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am trying to get the biggest contact patch possible, but love the look of the wide lip. As you can se in my sig I have over a 3 1/2 lip now, but the wheels are only 9.5 in the rear and I have to switch wheels to get any kind of traction :( I would like an 11 inch rim for the back so I can throw on some 3xx's in a BFG DR. I like the CCW in polished but it seems like they would be a pain to keep clean. I also like the HRE's, but EVERYONE has them and that is a lot of $$ to spend to have the same wheels as 1/3 of the Supra community!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya they make those and the vs-xx that I like. Certainly a good possiblity!

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
DragRacingsupra: I just ordered the SP-1's in black 18x8.5 front and 18x10 rear..will I have the same size lip as you? They should be here tomorrow..can't wait!

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
93BlueTurbo said:
DragRacingsupra: I just ordered the SP-1's in black 18x8.5 front and 18x10 rear..will I have the same size lip as you? They should be here tomorrow..can't wait!
Where did you order from?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whaz up Kirk?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts