Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states, but I can't find a good looking carbon fiber front lip in the V2 style. I don't want to paint it bc it doesnt look right on Silver and I want a theme for the car with small style so plastic black doesnt excite me too much, but not looking to pay an outrageous price either. Ive also thought about hydro dipping the plastic one and clearing it, that might look pretty good. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I think it is. But $460 hurts... I may just see what hydro dipping costs.
I've seen these 2 lips go for $300-$350 on black Friday if that means anything. I would check with Robert.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Thats much more in line with the price I want.
Reason I know this is because I was considering getting the TS style. 2 years ago Black Friday price was $300. Last year it was $350. Thinking back I should have pulled the trigger 2 years ago. I have no idea what the price will be this year.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,549 Posts
vettewreck, I don't know if you're attached to that exact style lip or not, but eBay seller oemdirect was making the style in the image below out of Polyurethane, and there was talk about them doing it in carbon fiber also. You might want to contact SupraForums member chopstickz and see what he knows about it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
vettewreck, I don't know if you're attached to that exact style lip or not, but eBay seller oemdirect was making the style in the image below out of Polyurethane, and there was talk about them doing it in carbon fiber also. You might want to contact SupraForums member chopstickz and see what he knows about it.

I've followed that thread for a long time. That was also one reason I didn't pull the trigger on the TS style carbon because chopstickz said they were going to do a carbon version of the lip. However at the end he came back and said the carbon version was a no go. I haven't seen an update on this in awhile. Has something changed?

Edit - Found the thread post 370 chopstickz said the carbon was dead

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?695117-Aero-Magic-Whifbitz-Replica-Lip-in-Poly-Urethane-Interested-Count./page15

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I'm not a big fan of that one. I want something a little more lower and a bit more aggressive that's all. But thank you for the heads up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts