Supra Forums banner

Who really makes the best parts?

2K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  WoBbZ 
G
#1 ·
Me and my friends at school are always arguing over who makes the same parts. Some say greddy some say hks etc. Could anyone tell me which is which and how much more or less is one to the other. It will really help me when I start looking for parts for when I get my car. Also im still in highschool so when I do get my supra in less than a year what should be the first thing I should do to increase horse power tremendously without a too high cost. A greddy t88h would be nice but would I need to buy anything else so I wouldnt blow the turbo or engine? My goal is to be able to whoop the hell out of anyone that goes to my school.

oh yeah and ATOMIC FABIOS SUPRA OWNS ASS!!!!

#2 ·
please go here and read.

www.mkiv.com

everything.

asking if hks is better than greddy is like asking if purple is better than green. They are both nice...it depends on the application.

#3 ·
I've found that the GREDDY T88H turbo is a great start as it's a very good deal. Much power with less money then an HKS turbo kit. Beside the greddy turbo is very robust.

But to use such turbo you will even need a fuel upgrade (a custom fuel upgrade will be perfect) and a new cluth to handle all those horsepowers. The rest is up to you. The more you add the more you have!:p
Adding a pai of hks cams you will be able to squeeze 750+rwhp with such configuration without problems (with race gas) and you'll prolly beat anyone that goes at your school!

#4 ·
turbomx5 said:
please go here and read.

www.mkiv.com

everything.

asking if hks is better than greddy is like asking if purple is better than green.
Green

:D

Also after you do some research you will find that a lot of supra owners buy their products from places like Sound Performance or Boost Logic. I suggest after reading your first 2 posts that you do some searching

#6 ·
t78 a better choice i think than the t88 for street driving.

G
#7 ·
haha I think you misunderstood when I was talking about turbo lag didnt neccessarly meant I was going to go to drag strips and race. Im talking about me and a friend on a four lane road going at it. So lets say I am running a non turbo supra. I put in the t88h, high fuel injectors, and a clutch upgrade about how much h/p will I be running. The fastest kid at our school is a guy named tim. Hes running a supercharged 390 h/p mustang saleen. I hate mustangs persoanlly so I want to kick his ass.

#8 · (Edited)
Worry about getting a supra before you even think of mods. 320 (stock hp) should be sufficient to get you into more than enough trouble. FYI you can't slap a t88 on a N/A. Finish your education before you get a rare/high power car. You need to learn how to drive before you can learn how to race.

#9 ·
you need help.. you need to read everyday and learn what the hell your talking about.. Theres a lot more to going single then a turbo "high fuel injectors" and a new clutch.. How long does everyone give till he blows his engine.. I say 5 mins after first start up :rolleyes:

G
#14 ·
Haha number one as stated before Im getting a non turbo with just over 100k miles. 220 h/p stock Those MKIV's can be easily got at 10k to 12k im not kidding. And yes I can drive and quite smoothly so please dont imply that I dont. Ive been taking lessons for quite a while and am aware of what Im doing. Im also thikning about doing a few things before I do install a turbo kit ensuring that I dont blow it up. High fuel injectors and a clutch is some of the things I will need before I get one. Insurance is going to be taken care of Im with a good company that offers low rates so I might be looking at around 300-350$ at 16 which isnt that damn bad. Then again you should not criticize at a 14 year old. I understand that many of you are of an older age and much more expereienced than me, but im not one of those kids who is a fast and a furious wannabe who thinks can get a supra out of the bottom of their ass haha, Im more mature than that.Im quite new into the world of cars and need to be tought. A nice simple no that would work rather than insults. Anyways thanks for answering my question. Oh and if i was to install a turbo kit what kind of engine internal mods would I have to do? Oh yeah besides the saleen at our school we have 2 infinite g35's camaroes and more. Yet there are some **** who think they are street racers and are the shit. For instnace youll find this hilarious. This guy at our school has like a 95 cavalier and he put a spoiler and exauhst and he thinks he is the shit. LOL he keeps circling the school like he is the man. Yet if the mustang asked him to a race he would shit his pants lol. Anyways positive feedback would be appreciated.:D Later dudes:dj:

#15 · (Edited)
PaliSupraTT said:
but im not one of those kids who is a fast and a furious wannabe who thinks can get a supra out of the bottom of their ass haha,
To quote your sig:

"Any real racer knows, It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning."

Yeah, but you're not a fast and the furious wannabe. :rolleyes:

Also, you'll need to upgrade your tranny, internals in the engine, clutch, fuel, electronics, etc. You'll be spending much much more on an N/A-T swap than buying a TT from the get go. $10K-$12K even for an N/A? :lol: Tell that to some of the N/A owners here. They'll get a good kick out of that one.

Also, how many "lessons" could you possibly have taken at 14? :lol: You're too funny.

The only reason I'm flaming is because of the way you came off. Oh, I'm getting this and I'm getting that. This costs this and that costs that. You're telling us (who are familiar with the Supra world) what's what? Don't do that. We've been here A LOT longer than you have so don't try and attempt to tell us the way things are. If anything, we're going to know a lot more than you.

#17 ·
Formula1Vendetta said:
To quote your sig:

"Any real racer knows, It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning."

Yeah, but you're not a fast and the furious wannabe. :rolleyes:

I'm not one to do this - but if ever it was applicable - now is that time. :urowned: LOL

G
#18 ·
Some of you guys really shouldnt be so irrational. Yes im 14 and yes I dont know much but I am not a stupid ass. And yes you can get an n/a from 10 to 12k but 14k would sound more like it. If you didnt believe me check out this supra. There is only one day left on it and look at the price. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6447&item=2439181035

There is the cheap n/a for your. And please guys could you not insult me. A simple reply such as [

QUOTE] Greg Bielawski For the amount of money you'd spend on an NA-T conversion, you'd be better off just saving up and buying a TT to start off with....then you'd also get all the TT bonus's like bigger brakes, etc.... that is a nice answer thanx greg. Im not a stupid ass I never said that lets put a t88h and go. A clutch and fuel line are a few things needed but there many more modifications needed such as fuel pump exhaust. Oh and i dont intend to put on these mods until Im 18. I want to know my supra before doing anything to it.

#19 · (Edited)
PaliSupraTT said:
Some of you guys really shouldnt be so irrational. Yes im 14 and yes I dont know much but I am not a stupid ass. And yes you can get an n/a from 10 to 12k but 14k would sound more like it. If you didnt believe me check out this supra. There is only one day left on it and look at the price. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6447&item=2439181035

Sweet an N/A auto,buy it now! (although it looks like $16K to me)

"Im more mature than that.Im quite new into the world of cars and need to be tought"

No you dont need to be taught you need to teach yourself.You need to go to mkiv.com and read everything there.Check the FAQ section.There are many sources of valuable info on the internet for learning about the questions you ask.

"Oh and if i was to install a turbo kit what kind of engine internal mods would I have to do?"

This question could be answered with any one of about a half dozen or more threads on Supraforums.

These guys arent trying to be mean,there are dozens of 14 year olds on here every month asking questions that get asked contiuously and it gets frustrating sometimes.

Read,investigate,learn!

"Yet there are some **** who think they are street racers and are the shit. For instnace youll find this hilarious. This guy at our school has like a 95 cavalier and he put a spoiler and exauhst and he thinks he is the shit. LOL he keeps circling the school like he is the man. Yet if the mustang asked him to a race he would shit his pants lol."

To some of us you look/act like these "****".

B

#21 ·
PaliSupraTT said:
Some of you guys really shouldnt be so irrational. Yes im 14 and yes I dont know much
Yeah, apparently you don't know much about lying. Here's a post you made but 5 minutes ago:

PaliSupraTT said:
Hehe this is hilarious. I just hit 15 and even I know these things
So which is it? Are you 14 or 15? Or are you just 15 for this thread but still 14 for the other thread? You can go home now.

Well said Superb Supra.

#22 ·
Um

Please go to i-$upra.com. You will find exactly what you're looking for over there, and lots of cool people just like you

#24 ·
PaliSupraTT said:
haha I think you misunderstood when I was talking about turbo lag didnt neccessarly meant I was going to go to drag strips and race. Im talking about me and a friend on a four lane road going at it. So lets say I am running a non turbo supra. I put in the t88h, high fuel injectors, and a clutch upgrade about how much h/p will I be running. The fastest kid at our school is a guy named tim. Hes running a supercharged 390 h/p mustang saleen. I hate mustangs persoanlly so I want to kick his ass.
you may think everyone is being an ass, but look at what youre doing. youre coming on SUPRAforums, and like Formula1 said, trying to tell us whats what. with the cost of the n/a and such. also the reason people are telling you to learn to drive before you learn to race is not because they think youre going to stall (although you might). its because your moms automatic camry youve been practicing on isnt a rwd turbo 300+lb/ft of torque sports car. being able to 'drive smoothly' doesnt mean you can handle a supra (much less a T88). that also didnt help your case, what did you do...go on suprastore.com and find the biggest turbo you could find that costs the least and throw that into the ole wish list?

another thing...high fuel injectors (high flow fuel injectors) are not going to solve your fuel needs, youll need to upgrade the rail, the pump, the lines, the injectors, then have a pressure regulator, a guage to moniter it, an safc/gcc/aem to help control your fuel, youll need some upgrade for the MAF like a VPC or AEM EMS. youll need a clutch like you said, an intercooler, exhaust, downpipe, blowoff valve, and a host of other assorted stuff.

and again, another thing that didnt help your case was the ok im going to buy an n/a and then put on a t88 with injectors. you really think thats the only difference between the n/a and the turbo? the injectors and lack of turbos? have you ever seen the two engines? go watch FnF again, the supra they pull up is an n/a then go online here and find a picture of a turbo engine. they even look different, the head is different, the cams are different, the whole engine is different. also the 5 speed cannot stand as much power as the turbo. the breaks arent as good, and the suspension isnt as tight.

do some research...and practice driving. your first car shouldnt be a turbo supra. and also you obviously have no idea how fast a T88 supra is if you think your smooth driving is good enough at 14 to stand up to 800+hp.

Mark

#26 · (Edited)
Formula1Vendetta said:

Well said Superb Supra.
Why thank you.

PaliSupraTT, you say you go driving yes? Taht you are quite smooth and can handle the car. Well guess what, as Mark said, your mums car isn't a high BHP sports car. 325bhp in your first car will frighten the SHIT out of you. Although you will feel really cool, expect to end up in an accident within 3 weeks. You are talking about a T88 like it really means nothing, just want big numbers so you can run with the big boys? Well guess what they all make it look easier than it is. It is not a case of get in a 800bhp car and go, like your driving a 75bhp mini car. Its no were near the same, with 800bhp~ your gonna hit 60 in maybe under 3 seconds if you have decent traction, your going to be going past 100 in about 6. With a top speed of about 220mph. You cannot handle power like that. Go away, watch TF&TF again, realise the ryce and rethink your look on super big spoilers, 'groovy' neon lights and go fster stickers.
Don't talk about big numbers when you have no idea what they really are, they aren't just numbers they mean much more.
Read up on the Supra, go see one, get a ride in one and, ask yourself are you ready to handle a 325bhp car let alone a 800bhp one? No you are not. Browse these boards and pick up info, but for the love of God don't post. We all once needed to learn but your going about it the wrong way and trying to act knowledgeable, which you are blatently not, its just the perfect way to get flaed and it will earn you no respect. You seem to be just another teenage boy who is hooked on Supras after seeing TF&TF and the 'amazing' orange Supra. It ain't like that. Learn about the components of an engine too, understand what you would really need to upgrade when you want to introduce more power.
Oh and any real racer knows it dosen't matter at the strip if you lose by an inch or a mile, its about the time. Any real racer also knows TF&TF is a complete mis-representation of the actual street and drag scene. Don't respect tthe movie, the cars were pathetic to.
Get a different first car, like a 75bhp something and stop dreaming.

Joe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.